Multiwinia Monday 5!

The forum with all your Introversion News!
vic
level2
level2

Multiwinia Monday 5!

Postby vic » Mon Sep 08, 2008 6:10 pm

None of us can quite believe this is the penultimate Multiwinia Monday. Only 11 days to go now till launch...this is scary stuff indeed!

This week we bring you Blitzkrieg mode, plus a great new preview from Guy over at Gamespot who kindly came down to the Flying Hamster last week to play a few games with the team. Read what he has to say about Multiwinia here, but not before you've checked out the latest new video tutorial!
desktopsimmer
level3
level3

Postby desktopsimmer » Mon Sep 08, 2008 6:11 pm

Shiny, just watched the video. probably be my favorite gametype
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Mon Sep 08, 2008 7:52 pm

\o/

xander
MTW
level1
level1

Postby MTW » Mon Sep 08, 2008 10:57 pm

11 days to go and still no news on the mac version. Way to go, IV.
Xocrates
level5
level5

Postby Xocrates » Mon Sep 08, 2008 11:00 pm

MTW wrote:11 days to go and still no news on the mac version. Way to go, IV.

Errr....

the linked Gamespot article wrote:Sadly, the Mac version has slipped slightly, but the team hopes to have the conversion work done sometime in October.
MTW
level1
level1

Postby MTW » Mon Sep 08, 2008 11:10 pm

Xocrates wrote:
MTW wrote:11 days to go and still no news on the mac version. Way to go, IV.

Errr....

the linked Gamespot article wrote:Sadly, the Mac version has slipped slightly, but the team hopes to have the conversion work done sometime in October.

Fuck it, multiwinia will be dead in October. IV, start doing this shit in house or keep losing sale after sale. Your choice, really.
Xocrates
level5
level5

Postby Xocrates » Mon Sep 08, 2008 11:19 pm

Would you also like for them to deliver you some cake while we're at it?
Phelanpt
level5
level5

Postby Phelanpt » Mon Sep 08, 2008 11:24 pm

MTW wrote:Fuck it, multiwinia will be dead in October.
The great MTWini can tell you your future, for he knows all!
MTW wrote:IV, start doing this shit in house or the Bunny gets it!
Fix'd.
MTW wrote:Your choice, really.
That's what we've been telling you, but you seem to ignore it again and again. So just ignore this too.

I've missed you, Maniacal Macintosh Martyr. Or do you prefer Mega Troll Wanker?
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Tue Sep 09, 2008 12:17 am

MTW wrote:--==<snip>==--

Mega Troll Wanker, please, go troll someone else. Or, you know, continue to make an ass of yourself here. Either way.

xander
xyzyxx
level5
level5

Postby xyzyxx » Tue Sep 09, 2008 12:40 am

MTW wrote:Fuck it, multiwinia will be dead in October.
I, for one, have been playing Multiwinia for more than two months as a beta tester, and I will continue to play Multiwinia in October, and November, and many months and years to come.
Some people talk because they have something to say. Others talk because they have to say something.
Jazz Ad
level1
level1

Postby Jazz Ad » Tue Sep 09, 2008 1:28 am

Xocrates wrote:Would you also like for them to deliver you some cake while we're at it?
Nah, the cake is a lie.
Ooops, wrong game.
shinygerbil
level5
level5
Location: Out, finding my own food. Also, doing the shinyBonsai Manoeuvre(tm)

Postby shinygerbil » Tue Sep 09, 2008 1:39 am

Sigh, not this again.

MTW wrote:IV, start doing this shit in house or keep losing sale after sale. Your choice, really.

I think he means that literally.

Sale after sale.

After sale.

Soon, IV will piss off enough Mac users that they may lose literally dozens of sales!! :lol:

Seriously though, how would doing 'this shit' in-house solve their problems? They do the Linux port in-house. It usually takes longer than the Mac version, if I recall. So be thankful that Introversion are able to call upon the experience of Ambrosia in the first place, and more to the point thankful that they even bother. Honestly, you're as bad as certain Linux users who bombard a forum with "MAEK A FUKCING LINUX PROT!one" posts until, in the end, the dev's response turns from "hmm, there seems to be a surprising amount of Linux users out there who want my game, maybe this isn't a waste of time" into "you know what, I was thinking about it, but fuck that, you're a bunch of ungrateful sods. Get Windows or stuff it."
Jazz Ad
level1
level1

Postby Jazz Ad » Tue Sep 09, 2008 1:44 am

Gamespot wrote:There was some confusion as to whether fans will be able to create their own levels for the game, but if it's a success, then the developers say they'd love to work on a new map pack.
I hope IV worked (will work ?) harder on the map editor.
I'm not a computer genius and quickly gave up trying to design my own levels for Darwinia. Too difficult for me, where I figured it would be dead simple with the lack of textures and simple terrains.
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Tue Sep 09, 2008 2:31 am

Jazz Ad wrote:
Gamespot wrote:There was some confusion as to whether fans will be able to create their own levels for the game, but if it's a success, then the developers say they'd love to work on a new map pack.
I hope IV worked (will work ?) harder on the map editor.
I'm not a computer genius and quickly gave up trying to design my own levels for Darwinia. Too difficult for me, where I figured it would be dead simple with the lack of textures and simple terrains.

Making levels in Darwinia is actually pretty simple. It is scripting those things into a level that takes work. Thus, even with no changes to the editor, it should be relatively easy to create new levels.

xander
Jazz Ad
level1
level1

Postby Jazz Ad » Tue Sep 09, 2008 2:53 am

Maybe I should give it another try then.
I'm the lazy kind with games, I need to understand right away or I don't get dragged into it.
I try making a simple map but ran into issues that I couldn't solve like virus in the wrong place, difficulties to raise the terrain the way I wanted.
This is why I like UnrealED. It's somewhat buggy but it lets you make maps really easily.

Return to “Introversion News”