Congratulations IV on our biggest deal yet!

The forum with all your Introversion News!
vic
level2
level2

Congratulations IV on our biggest deal yet!

Postby vic » Thu Apr 05, 2007 9:52 pm

We had some fantastic news last week when DEFCON was finally released to the masses in the US. Our distributor, Pinnacle Software based here in the UK was able to facilitate a deal between IV and Encore Software to retail DEFCON in North America and the first boxes of the game hit the shelves last week. We had to wait a little while for the go-ahead to announce publicly, hence this slightly belated news release but we thought you'd all be pleased to know.

This is IV's biggest deal yet with Encore taking an initial 50k units up front and an enthusiastic take-up from many of the major US retail giants, like Wal-mart and Gamestop!

Friday night was spent quaffing fine wines, feasting on curry to celebrate and congratulating Tom on his superb efforts at making this fantastic opportunity a reality. Well done Tom! :D

Although DEFCON has proved extremely popular and we've been inundated with some great reviews over the past six months, we still felt that there were many people who hadn't given DEFCON a go simply because they hadn't yet heard about it. The decision to bring DEFCON to retail has made this possible and we hope to welcome a whole new set of DEFCON gamers to the fold...
NeoThermic
Introversion Staff
Introversion Staff

Re: Congratulations IV on our biggest deal yet!

Postby NeoThermic » Thu Apr 05, 2007 10:01 pm

vic wrote:This is IV's biggest deal yet with Encore taking an initial 50k units up front and an enthusiastic take-up from many of the major US retail giants, like Wal-mart and Gamestop!

Wow. 50k upfront. :shock:

vic wrote:Friday night was spent quaffing fine wines, feasting on curry to celebrate and congratulating Tom on his superb efforts at making this fantastic opportunity a reality. Well done Tom! :D

Although DEFCON has proved extremely popular and we've been inundated with some great reviews over the past six months, we still felt that there were many people who hadn't given DEFCON a go simply because they hadn't yet heard about it. The decision to bring DEFCON to retail has made this possible and we hope to welcome a whole new set of DEFCON gamers to the fold...

A congratulations from me!

NeoThermic
Rkiver
level5
level5

Postby Rkiver » Thu Apr 05, 2007 10:02 pm

That's great news, congratulations Introversion.

Also myself and NeoThermic just did the maths, even on bulk rates.....lots of cash.
Uplink help: Read the FAQ
estel
level4
level4

Postby estel » Thu Apr 05, 2007 10:22 pm

Hur, I was right :D http://forums.introversion.co.uk/defcon ... php?t=4155

Congratulations to IV, this is great to hear.
So here's to your continued success and plans for world domination!
allen
level3
level3

Postby allen » Fri Apr 06, 2007 5:01 am

pc gamer has been giving attention to defcon lately you guys were in their march/april (cant remember) issue and won best indie game and nominated for another category too, but you probably know that

hopefully this all means more servers and people playing :D
Ace Rimmer
level5
level5

Postby Ace Rimmer » Fri Apr 06, 2007 8:17 am

vic wrote:...we hope to welcome a whole new set of DEFCON gamers to the fold...

So do I, so do I.

I think I hear my 600+ game calling.... :wink:
Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast...
elDiablo
level5
level5

Postby elDiablo » Fri Apr 06, 2007 10:08 am

Congratulations there Iv!
We dont stop playing cos we get old... We get old cos we stop playing.
martin
level5
level5

Postby martin » Fri Apr 06, 2007 10:56 am

Well done IV!

If this is your biggest deal yet, and steam had to make you a lot of money.... wow! :shock:
GENERATION 22:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Nutter
level3
level3

Postby Nutter » Fri Apr 06, 2007 3:11 pm

congratulations on the deal, time to rent a speedboat again? :)
MS3FGX
level0

Postby MS3FGX » Sat Apr 07, 2007 3:37 am

I just saw this in Gamestop a few days ago, was happy to see it in stores finally. Amazing game, deserves every bit of attention it gets.
ChasM
level2
level2

Postby ChasM » Sat Apr 07, 2007 8:45 am

:o Wal-Mart !?!? :o
I'm gonna miss that little green US Customs postal tag on my future IV purchases.
OH MY GOD! This IS a big deal. Fallout will be everywhere. Shelf-life will get confused with half-life. Atomic mass is even now degrading into energy.
Imagine the Kilo-Tons!
Okay, okay, that was too much, now I need a tranquilizer.
(-: Chas.M. :-)
Wasgood
level5
level5

Postby Wasgood » Sat Apr 07, 2007 2:25 pm

vic wrote:We had some fantastic news last week when DEFCON was finally released to the masses in the US. Our distributor, Pinnacle Software based here in the UK was able to facilitate a deal between IV and Encore Software to retail DEFCON in North America and the first boxes of the game hit the shelves last week. We had to wait a little while for the go-ahead to announce publicly, hence this slightly belated news release but we thought you'd all be pleased to know.

This is IV's biggest deal yet with Encore taking an initial 50k units up front and an enthusiastic take-up from many of the major US retail giants, like Wal-mart and Gamestop!

Friday night was spent quaffing fine wines, feasting on curry to celebrate and congratulating Tom on his superb efforts at making this fantastic opportunity a reality. Well done Tom! :D

The only IV Game i've seen in Aus so far is Darwinia. Will it be the same box as the same one from the Pre-Orders?
NukeLord
level4
level4

Postby NukeLord » Sat Apr 07, 2007 9:41 pm

Congratulatons IV!

We need to get as many people as possible prepared for WW3
RabidZombie
level5
level5

Postby RabidZombie » Sun Apr 08, 2007 6:29 pm

*claps*

That's big.

I can only hope this is followed up with World Wide Retail for either Defcon or eventually, Subversion.
Inigo
level1
level1

Postby Inigo » Mon Apr 09, 2007 11:09 am

What could possibly go wrong?

Return to “Introversion News”