[MOD] Counterstrike (Non-Polar Cold War) V1.1

Discuss your new mods and themes here

Moderator: Defcon moderators

General Jhon
level1
level1

[MOD] Counterstrike (Non-Polar Cold War) V1.1

Postby General Jhon » Sat Dec 25, 2010 12:02 pm

This imaginary scenario takes place somewhere in the 80's, when an aggressive Brazil annexes Cuba and threatens the USA, which sparks the whole world on fire. The USA retaliates, backed by its allies, and Brazil isn't left alone on the field either. Can the USA counterstrike before it's too late?

Screenshots:

http://img638.imageshack.us/i/23810255.png/

http://img151.imageshack.us/i/22006546.png/

download V1.1:

http://www.2shared.com/file/bekJR0Nk/co ... r_v11.html

download V1.0:

http://www.2shared.com/file/_PwFR5MA/co ... r_v10.html

download V0.9:

http://www.2shared.com/file/5gFm9mcp/co ... r_V09.html
Last edited by General Jhon on Wed Dec 29, 2010 6:28 am, edited 3 times in total.
Admiral Yoshi
level3
level3

Postby Admiral Yoshi » Sat Dec 25, 2010 4:06 pm

Good!

Could you consider adding the Middle East as a factor, or India? They are part of the nuclear escalation.
General Jhon
level1
level1

Postby General Jhon » Sat Dec 25, 2010 5:17 pm

Adding middle eastern countries is a nice idea, only the problem is the countries alone are too little play as (there's no room for the silos, radars, etc.), and I wouldn't add them to an existing country (I hate playing in two, seperate fronts at the same time). I could remove an existing country in benefit of some Greater India, or a middle - eastern alliance. Who would you say is best to replace? I guess that's be Australasia.

BTW, unrelated to this scenario, I wanted to make a new map, that zooms into the middle - east, and will allow you to play Egypt, Israel, Syria, Iraq, Iran and Turkey. But this proves to be a tough job - creating a map takes ages, in terms of effort and time. Would someone consider helping me make the map and create cities?

Edit: I decided that instead of making a brand-new map for the middle-eastern scenario, I'll try to minimize the radars, the silos and the ships, as well as their area of effect. Anyone knows how to do that?
General Jhon
level1
level1

Postby General Jhon » Sun Dec 26, 2010 9:10 pm

Version 1.0 available!

-Balanced the unbalanced in Europe - East Europe is no longer independent, and is added to the USSR's land. Turkey and Greece are added to NATO, to allow it to build more facilities.

-East Europe is replaced by Brazil, which also holds Cuba. Now, war is all over the world - the Warsaw Pact VS NATO in Europe, the PRC and Australasia in Asia and the up-to-now-rather-lonely-USA and Brazil-Cuba in America.

-Added some cities to Australasia

Enjoy!
Last edited by General Jhon on Wed Dec 29, 2010 6:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ace Rimmer
level5
level5

Postby Ace Rimmer » Tue Dec 28, 2010 4:56 pm

General Jhon wrote:Edit: I decided that instead of making a brand-new map for the middle-eastern scenario, I'll try to minimize the radars, the silos and the ships, as well as their area of effect. Anyone knows how to do that?

You can't change any of the units except with in-game options, though I can't remember which at the moment. As far as I'm aware, you can't mod the game to change unit properties, other than their image.
Last edited by Ace Rimmer on Tue Dec 28, 2010 6:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast...
rus|Mike
level5
level5

Postby rus|Mike » Tue Dec 28, 2010 6:12 pm

To minimize the units you just need to change the in-game option World Scale.
General Jhon
level1
level1

Postby General Jhon » Wed Dec 29, 2010 6:06 am

thanks a lot for the comments! I'll try that.

I'll be happy to hear what do you think about the mod, too!
General Jhon
level1
level1

Postby General Jhon » Wed Dec 29, 2010 6:26 am

Version 1.1 is out!

-removed Cuban cities to prevent a US score exploit
-extended the US, China and Brazilian naval deployment zones to increase possibilities

download at the first post
Mariano
level0

Postby Mariano » Sun Jan 02, 2011 3:55 am

I don't understand the download site, can you explain?
rus|Mike
level5
level5

Postby rus|Mike » Sun Jan 02, 2011 4:59 am

Save file to your PC: click here

Find this frase on the page and click on "here".
Experiment632
level2
level2

Postby Experiment632 » Tue Apr 17, 2012 6:59 am

General Jhon wrote:Version 1.1 is out!

-removed Cuban cities to prevent a US score exploit
-extended the US, China and Brazilian naval deployment zones to increase possibilities

download at the first post
This mod is great! Not many imaginary scenarios out there to this extent. My first attempt was not exactly a victory as I got my behind handed to me due the fact the Brazilian radar station in Cuba covers most of the United States. Over half my silos while in defense mod were wiped out by just Brazilian subs and bombers alone. And I am certain the Soviets and Chinese would mop up the remaining silos in the same fashion. While some may say removing the cities in Cuba is unfair to the US due to the obvious disadvantage they already have, it makes sense since it is wrong to nuke cities in friendly countries despite the fact they are occupied by the enemy. Seems the United States needs some sort of edge to balance things out. Perhaps adding territory for the US in Panama? Another good way to balance things out in this scenario would be adding Hawaii as a land territory which would make it easier for the US to spot Chinese and Soviet fleets bound for the US in advance and gives the player a chance to intercept them without going in blind.

Return to “Mod Projects”