NTNN85AA 1-Port DS1 MVPE FP Card Refurb

In-depth tactical discussion on how to lose the least

Moderator: Defcon moderators

Admiral Yoshi
level3
level3

Postby Admiral Yoshi » Thu Aug 19, 2010 4:13 pm

The sea is an open terrain, Ace Rimmer. I've seen players go for the line formation, only to break them up once they engage an opponent. Maneuvers are everything. The only reasons fleets don't chase the enemy forces is because of the fear of fighters and bombers. If that is exploited, naval combat will be easier to maneuver and to outlflank the enemy.
trickser
level5
level5

Postby trickser » Thu Aug 19, 2010 4:13 pm

Admiral Yoshi wrote:Flexible? Most of the fleet formations are just way too rigid.

Try the Rag Rug then. The Rag Rug will give you all the freedom you dreamed of while forming lines, triangles and stars.
Even better the Rag Rug will be indistinguishable from the Random Abandon, which all the poor Noobs depend on.
So your opponent might laugh at your Random Abandon, marching in with his Uber Line. Then at a sudden, show your true face and punch some holes into his Uber Line. Then sit back and have a pleasing watch on his Raged Retreat Lines, if he is the kind of Player who can keep formations when needed at all.
Ace Rimmer
level5
level5

Postby Ace Rimmer » Thu Aug 19, 2010 4:23 pm

Hahaha. :P

Yoshi, I never said engage in combat while in a line formation. I specifically stated the line formation is more flexible, meaning you can change formation to anything you wish (assuming it's made of single ships).

Multiple ship formations are less flexible and less powerful in most cases. There are a number of reasons, here's a couple:

A line:

1. Gives you a larger area to watch.
2. Allows you to better protect airborne bombers. Four/six ship fleets can only expand so far and can not 'wrap' or 'bend' to provide custom fit cover.
3. Allows you to break formation and feint one way while attacking/retreating another at maximum efficiency.
4. Allows you to hug a coastline while sneaking around.

etc, etc, etc.

Want to panzer? Make a line.
Want to use guerrilla tactics? Make a line.
Want to divide and conquer? Make a line.
Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast...
jabba the slut
level0

Feedback

Postby jabba the slut » Sat Aug 28, 2010 11:10 am

Dear mvpe

good to read some usefull tips from your site like to know if you know how to get passwords for some of the servers?

yours sincerly Jabba
jabba the slut
level0

Postby jabba the slut » Sat Aug 28, 2010 11:14 am

Dear yoshi

Played elec close game he's not bad thought he would have easy game.................

Jabba
Nightwatch
level5
level5

Postby Nightwatch » Sat Aug 28, 2010 12:38 pm

Want to panzer? Make a line.
Want to use guerrilla tactics? Make a line.
Want to divide and conquer? Make a line.

Want to break a Rimmer fighter charge? Dont make a line. :P
I prefer the equivalent of tactics used someone like von Manstein over simple line formations any day.

Return to “Strategic Air Command”