Is it possible to see the real textures of the environment?

Anything and everything about our LIDAR cave explorer.
Flake
level0

Is it possible to see the real textures of the environment?

Postby Flake » Thu Apr 27, 2017 8:51 pm

I completed the game twice today, once with the "New Game" option and once with the "New Game+" option which appeared after the first run through.

What a spooky, atmospheric game! Well worth the price of admission.

I'm wondering if there's a spoiler/dev mode, which enables the real textures of the environment. Does such a mode exist? Does it become enabled after completing the game? Is there a cheat code to enable it? Or is my imagination all that fills in the blanks of the space around me?
xander
level5
level5

Re: Is it possible to see the real textures of the environment?

Postby xander » Fri Apr 28, 2017 3:51 pm

It seems entirely possible (and likely, even) that there are no "real" textures (aside from the bits of the game where there clearly are visible textures). Why bother creating textures for things that are never going to be illuminated?

xander
Godzil
level0

Re: Is it possible to see the real textures of the environment?

Postby Godzil » Sun Dec 06, 2020 3:10 pm

Sorry to bring that topic up, as I came here to originally ask a similar question.

xander wrote:It seems entirely possible (and likely, even) that there are no "real" textures (aside from the bits of the game where there clearly are visible textures). Why bother creating textures for things that are never going to be illuminated?

xander

There is actually a really good reason: modelling the world :D
I doubt IV blindly modelled the whole cave without having some texture.

The game as released probably don't have these textures (though I think it may have some, but don't want to spoil if some haven't played/finished the game yet)

Return to “Scanner Sombre”