So today, Killed to many people

Discussion of the new Escape Mode

Moderator: NBJeff

Natchi
level0

So today, Killed to many people

Postby Natchi » Sun Oct 11, 2015 11:46 am

So i played Prison Architect as soon as i bought it, i played a crap ton of escape mode and noticed that the ShotGun is OP so i went and killed every 400 Guards in the prison and succeeded, Which i find the shotgun a little too OP
dareddevil7
level1
level1

Re: So today, Killed to many people

Postby dareddevil7 » Mon Oct 12, 2015 5:22 pm

Natchi wrote:So i played Prison Architect as soon as i bought it, i played a crap ton of escape mode and noticed that the ShotGun is OP so i went and killed every 400 Guards in the prison and succeeded, Which i find the shotgun a little too OP

You try taking down someone with a shotgun when you only have a well designed stick, also try taking 12 gauge buckshot to your center of mass.
Penny-Jack
level0

Postby Penny-Jack » Tue Oct 13, 2015 9:23 pm

dareddevil7 wrote:
Natchi wrote:So i played Prison Architect as soon as i bought it, i played a crap ton of escape mode and noticed that the ShotGun is OP so i went and killed every 400 Guards in the prison and succeeded, Which i find the shotgun a little too OP

You try taking down someone with a shotgun when you only have a well designed stick, also try taking 12 gauge buckshot to your center of mass.

Well, I always get the deadly trait before I escape via riot.

But on this subject, the shotgun is op, you just shoot a guy and he is (I cant do quotes, it just does è and È for some reason) ded, son. The armed guards also seem to have a disadvantage when you use a shotgun at them, which means they are also ded. they are all ded, son! HELP!
bobybojunior
level1
level1

Postby bobybojunior » Tue Oct 13, 2015 9:47 pm

I dunno, it would seem nice if the shotgun had like an ammo capicity or clip size, so you cant just attack forever with it
overkilled1
level0

Postby overkilled1 » Fri Oct 16, 2015 10:21 pm

I would like there to be some kind of ammo counter or something for guns. In my opinion, killing everyone in the prison shouldn't be the easiest way to escape.
Smilesville
level0

Postby Smilesville » Sat Oct 17, 2015 2:02 am

The problem is more with the strength of the reputations, rather than the weapons. Try your method with zero reps and you'll see how balanced it actually is from a neutral standpoint.

Personally, I think it should be harder to become the baddest dude in the prison than trashing the classroom and the shower - and at the same time, beating people unconscious seems to give inconsistent returns in terms of reputation. I've gained +10 per guard killed at one point, but only +1 at others - if more focus was placed on beating up people, I think the system would be a step closer to a balanced challenge (maybe beating/killing snitches and people with other reps gives you more?)
WinterTempest
level0

Postby WinterTempest » Mon Oct 26, 2015 5:10 pm

overkilled1 wrote:I would like there to be some kind of ammo counter or something for guns. In my opinion, killing everyone in the prison shouldn't be the easiest way to escape.

I second this. Infinite ammo for prison escapes is like dropping guards anywhere in Sandbox Mode; too easy.

Return to “Escape Mode”