Defcon 3d 2010 - Next Generation V1.6

Ideas for expansions and improvements to Defcon

Moderator: Defcon moderators

jamo
level2
level2

Defcon 3d 2010 - Next Generation V1.6

Postby jamo » Tue Apr 21, 2009 1:44 am

This game is going to be a total conversion, a new sequal of defcon, which will represent the high quality 3d graphics, advanced tactics and lots more... What.s going to be so different from the original defcon - first of all there should be a realistic introduction of the game when starting it, a 3d globe of earth in space with animated nuclear blasts spreading across, google earth style gameplay - 3d rotation of earth with maximum camera zoom, players should have more territories max 10, start the game with credits - buy structures , units, weapons etc. There should be factions which should be unique - Terrorists, KPA, USA, Russia - each faction will have a unique design of it's own, specified tactics and strategies. Something new - ingame environment effects like clouds, water, fogs, rain, snow, thunderstorms, earthquakes, tornados. The nuclear blasts should detonate differently depending on where they are launched at - ocean, land, air maybe. Upgraded nuclear arsenal: underground nukes, nuclear cannons, nuclear carpet bombers, few types of nuclear warheads and upgrades - thermonuclear warhead. Each faction should have a strong economy that can be use for military might and conquer enemy territories. About nuke effects everyone knows how a nuke should look like. And ofcourse don't forget the gui interface it must be simple and user friendly - it should have a few more options like an upgrade button, economic prowess button, energy scale button, defcon meter and of course a launch button which can be used only in defcon 1 and the good thing is you don;t have to select each silo across the map so ypu can launch nukes - once you have clicked the button of doom a transmission dialog box will appear with the cool options: like selecting all nukes at once or creating a formation of a nuclear strike. You can although create a line coordination for the nukes to launch and hit. Nukes now will persuit enemy targets like ships, tanks or aircraft, they will be no longer vulnerable to aa missiles unless they aren't upgraded.Enemy cpu won't initiate nuclear strikes immediately, they will wait until the time is right. That's all for now if anyone has suggestions please reply me. Oh this is just an idea it is not mod, it's going to be a new defcon game.
sfericz
level5
level5

Postby sfericz » Tue Apr 21, 2009 4:51 am

Have fun spending the next 8 years making it.

Defcon is fine the way it is. No changes other than some small bugs needs to be changed/fixed.

People need to think of ways to promote more multiplayer game play with the version that is out now, rather than trying to rewrite it's whole structure.
trickser
level5
level5

Postby trickser » Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:19 am

If you think about the game, you will see its a simple set of rules, everybody can learn quickly. And the complexity and challange comes from other humans who play this game, much like a chess game.

What you propose is a RTS with resources management and other "inovative" options like 99% of all RTS out there. Even the theme would just be a repeat of something already seen.

Well, a 3D globe might be nice, maybe.

In my eyes Defcon is: unique theme, abstract but (or therefore) scary presentation, simple ruleset.
Your "enchanged" version vision just takes all that away.
torq
level3
level3

Postby torq » Tue Apr 21, 2009 10:05 am

A 3d globe is nice, I suppose, but it brings one major drawback:
First, since nuke arcs will be 'realistic' it wouldn't be possible to shoot them down until they descend (i.e. AA fire will be able to shoot them down only a few moments before they hit their targets).
This will lead either to impossibility of building an effective defense strategy (who cares anyway) or to introduction of an interceptor missile.
NMO
T-95
level2
level2

Postby T-95 » Tue Apr 21, 2009 10:53 am

When I've read that, I started to think about Red Alert 2/Yuri's Revenge (excluding the 3d globe). Damn it.

Return to “Think Tank”