We need naval/aerial stats in the game!

Ideas for expansions and improvements to Defcon

Moderator: Defcon moderators

Why?
level5
level5

We need naval/aerial stats in the game!

Postby Why? » Wed Sep 10, 2008 3:01 am

I'm sure someone's mentioned this before, but it would be cool if the statistics box kept track of how many ships, subs and bombers you've shot down. It's hard to keep track when you're in the heat of battle.

I don't know anything about coding, but I imagine it wouldn't be too hard to patch?
(MOR)
level5
level5

Postby (MOR) » Wed Sep 10, 2008 4:49 am

Nice "Think Tank" and that can save you some time in the place of counting how many ships, bombers... You shout down, but that also can let you know about how many nukes still your opponent have, and that not good for the both Players, it will turn the game easy a bit :wink:
Why?
level5
level5

Postby Why? » Wed Sep 10, 2008 6:00 am

Good point! That's almost like counting cards. Especially with the bombers.
rus|Mike
level5
level5

Postby rus|Mike » Wed Sep 10, 2008 6:05 pm

Use the white board. Or your brain :wink:
Ace Rimmer
level5
level5

Postby Ace Rimmer » Wed Sep 10, 2008 6:08 pm

Or do like me, never count ships, just have a rough guess based on conflict. :P
Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast...
Gulidar
level4
level4

Postby Gulidar » Thu Sep 11, 2008 9:39 am

I wonder will some simple programs which will count the ships and submarine pings, show the radar ranges of visible enemy enemy units, etc, etc be a cheat? :)
What is the death of one world in the cause of purity?
palehorse864
level2
level2

Postby palehorse864 » Fri Sep 12, 2008 2:27 am

Even if you feel this would negatively affect gameplay, it would still be awesome for after the game. See how many units you destroyed.

Though if programming time were devoted to things, I would rather see hotkeys for functions that would make the game quicker without really affecting gameplay. Choose your fleet ships with number keys for example and then hit the place button. Or right click a unit and have every option on the submenu assigned to a key. Or allow fleet color adjustments. I would love to turn the dark blue team to a bright magenta. :)
Why?
level5
level5

Postby Why? » Fri Sep 12, 2008 6:01 am

palehorse864 wrote:Even if you feel this would negatively affect gameplay, it would still be awesome for after the game. See how many units you destroyed.

Though if programming time were devoted to things, I would rather see hotkeys for functions that would make the game quicker without really affecting gameplay. Choose your fleet ships with number keys for example and then hit the place button. Or right click a unit and have every option on the submenu assigned to a key. Or allow fleet color adjustments. I would love to turn the dark blue team to a bright magenta. :)

Interesting ideas. Like the hot keys, and having nuke-based stats, after the game.

It's a small game developer, tho, and the game is 2 years old. So I think the players have to make their own mods, but I don't know shit about coding. :cry:
shualuntan
level0

Re: We need naval/aerial stats in the game!

Postby shualuntan » Sat Oct 11, 2008 4:16 am

Why? wrote:I'm sure someone's mentioned this before, but it would be cool if the statistics box kept track of how many ships, subs and bombers you've shot down. It's hard to keep track when you're in the heat of battle.

I don't know anything about coding, but I imagine it wouldn't be too hard to patch?

i agree

Return to “Think Tank”