Fighters need bingo fuel range displayed during launch

Ideas for expansions and improvements to Defcon

Moderator: Defcon moderators

Hyperion
level5
level5

Postby Hyperion » Fri Jun 20, 2008 7:13 am

Analog Kid wrote:A unit that by default will die without micromanagement is out of place in a strategy game.

Just about any unit in any strategy game will die without micromanagement :P strategy games are meant to have micromanagement. The ONLY games where a unit left to its own devices won't die is a turn based strategy game :roll:
rus|Mike
level5
level5

Postby rus|Mike » Fri Jun 20, 2008 10:59 am

Leave him alone, Hyp, let him go play CS :lol:
tllotpfkamvpe
level5
level5

Postby tllotpfkamvpe » Fri Jun 20, 2008 6:19 pm

Last edited by tllotpfkamvpe on Thu Feb 23, 2023 10:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.
(MOR)
level5
level5

Postby (MOR) » Fri Jun 20, 2008 6:40 pm

Hello Analog Kid and welcome home :D

About your suggestion I think you want a game that help you to be a good player from your first game, like who play a game with a low level to win so easy..

So I advice you to learn to play before criticize a game as you know it perfectly..
thesprucemoose
level0

Postby thesprucemoose » Thu Jul 03, 2008 7:43 pm

I disagree with changing anything too drastically, but would it be so much to ask to have a little dot on that line that appears when you launch an air unit from a carrier or an airbase that tells you roughly the "point of no return." (factoring in the small arc a unit makes when it turns around) Defcon should have micromanagement, but as RTS games go, its pretty simplistic and easy to pick up compared to other games on the market (I still haven't been able to win a single game of starcraft online... :shock: ) and i think this implementation would be good because it would make it much easier for people to manage their aircraft.

Return to “Think Tank”