Ideas for expansions and improvements to Defcon

Moderator: Defcon moderators

T-Bag
level1
level1

Displaying destroyed units and radio sounds

Postby T-Bag » Sun Jul 01, 2007 5:39 pm

I have 2 suggestions.

Like in a game of chess, if you get for example a tower, you can place it next to the board and you immediately see what you have captured and what you havn't. Since defcon uses more then 16 units, it would be great if there is a button where you can see the already destroyed units. The only problem are the fighters because airbases regenerate fighters. When you press the button a menu should show up and display something like this:

Bombers: 14/44 destroyed
Fighters: 19/... destroyed
Silos: 2/6 destroyed
Airbases: 4/4 destroyed
Radars: 0/7 destroyed
Battleships: 3/12 destroyed
Carriers: 1/12 destroyed
Subs: 0/12 destroyed

The second suggesting I have are some cool radio sounds like they already said in this forum before. I think it gives a whole new dimension to the game. For example when your radar sees a nuke, you here "Incomming fire!". Would be cool ;)
Bunnet
level1
level1

Postby Bunnet » Sun Jul 01, 2007 8:13 pm

I thought that was part of the game, that you didn't know how many of each units you have destroyed, maybe if there was an option to turn it on but I think it would more deter from the game than add to it...
torig
level5
level5

Postby torig » Sun Jul 01, 2007 8:47 pm

Bunnet wrote:I thought that was part of the game, that you didn't know how many of each units you have destroyed, maybe if there was an option to turn it on but I think it would more deter from the game than add to it...

Indeed. And you can always keep track of it yourself. In the case of subs you might destroy some without ever noticing, but still, mostly you can track it relatively well ;)
T-Bag
level1
level1

Postby T-Bag » Mon Jul 02, 2007 5:36 pm

I see your point. Maybe they can add it to the advanced menu and you can still turn it on if everyone agrees. Anayway I'd like it!

Return to “Think Tank”