Predictions

Ideas for expansions and improvements to Defcon

Moderator: Defcon moderators

C/Airman_Curtis
level1
level1

Predictions

Postby C/Airman_Curtis » Wed Jun 13, 2007 4:21 am

i think when a nuke comes in there should be a progected path. That way you can evacuate air bases or such units of planes.
Peace and Love
level2
level2

Re: Predictions

Postby Peace and Love » Wed Jun 13, 2007 6:49 am

C/Airman_Curtis wrote:I think when a nuke comes in there should be a projected path. That way you can evacuate air bases or such units of planes.

fix'd

Do you mean a projected path that is seen only by the launcher or also by other players? Because I doubt the person who launches the nuke will need to evacuate his own airbases to avoid his own nukes O_o

And if the projected path is for recieving players, that wouldn't be too useful since you won't even be able to click on the missile to see it's projected path until it's within radar range.
kentuckyfried
level2
level2

Re: Predictions

Postby kentuckyfried » Wed Jun 13, 2007 7:01 am

Peace and Love wrote:And if the projected path is for receiving players, that wouldn't be too useful since you won't even be able to click on the missile to see it's projected path until it's within radar range.

Fix'd ;)

Still, it would be enough time to evac at least one unit, depends on the extent of your radar grid of course. You can increase your radar range artificially as well through planes and navy.
KingAl
level5
level5

Postby KingAl » Wed Jun 13, 2007 8:38 am

A major aspect of diplomacy in Defcon relies on the fact that other players can't know for sure where nukes are going to land. A projected target system would undermine this. When it's close enough that it isn't 'giving anything away' there isn't enough time to evacuate; when it's sufficiently far from its target that evacuation is possible it's destroying the ambiguity that's important for gameplay.
Gentlemen, you can't fight in here: this is the War Room!
Ultimate Uplink Guide
Latest Patch
Smiling Buddha
level3
level3

Postby Smiling Buddha » Wed Jun 13, 2007 11:44 am

I don't find it too hard to estimate where a nuke will hit, and I evacuate all airbases in the vicinity just to be sure.
C/Airman_Curtis
level1
level1

Postby C/Airman_Curtis » Wed Jun 13, 2007 3:40 pm

Sorry about the misspellings...

But they would look like a Hurricane projected path. Their would be orange where they would be most likley to hit, and yellow over that to show where it could possibly go. As it gets closer to you it gets smaller and more acurate. Also it would have to be activated by putting your mouse over it since big launches would get confusing.
OAM
level2
level2

Postby OAM » Wed Jun 13, 2007 4:06 pm

Also, it would totaly ruin the backstab of letting someone fire over your NA to SA or something like that.

Return to “Think Tank”