Ideas for expansions and improvements to Defcon

Moderator: Defcon moderators

Gen. Ripper
level3
level3

Why dont people upgrade to the Beta's!

Postby Gen. Ripper » Sun Apr 29, 2007 2:04 am

well, simple question really...

can we not have some obvious thing for people for like an "upgrade" button or update or somthing...just that i can see people playing games from version 1.0 to 1.4 (although no 1.41 beta 2 - which I would assume most people should have installed) or just update the motd to encourage people to upgrade at least....its pointless playing 1.4, yet when im looking now there are no 1.41(b2) games running

(edited - of course im not accusing everyone of sitting around and just playing 1.4, but alot of people dont use the forums ((why?)) and/or rather blind unless somthing is thrown in their face....)
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Sun Apr 29, 2007 2:51 am

People are not supposed to upgrade to the betas. Betas are, by their nature, unstable. The people that should be playing the beta are those people that are likely to report bugs here. Thus, it shouldn't be out for the general population yet. It is a case of the devil you know (the bugs in 1.4.0) vs the devil you don't know (the unknown bugs in 1.4.1b2). It is better to live with the bugs you know, or downgrade to 1.3, than to play a potentially unstable version, especially if you have no intention of reporting bugs in the unstable version.

xander
Cooper42
level4
level4

Postby Cooper42 » Mon Apr 30, 2007 12:19 am

I'm quite happy to bug-hunt, I've done it enough before - however, single player games have come up with nought for me, and I miss any MP servers.

Guess I should hit the IRC next chance I get for Defcon MP?
Whoever you vote for, the government wins.
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Mon Apr 30, 2007 3:19 am

Cooper42 wrote:Guess I should hit the IRC next chance I get for Defcon MP?

Yeah, that generally works. You can use the IV IRC server, which is irc.uplinkcorp.net #defcon , and you should also watch the ASW IRC server, irc.ambrosia.net #defcon . You may not be able to arrange a game out of either of those, but it is your best bet.

xander
VolfganMOAmodey
level0

Re: Why dont people upgrade to the Beta's!

Postby VolfganMOAmodey » Thu Aug 31, 2023 10:14 am

Hello. Welcome to Homemetry, your ultimate real estate information center. Discover the best homes for sale, apartments for rent and get valuable insights into markets and neighborhood trends. Detailed city reviews are carefully compiled using data from reliable public and private sources. Don't rely on guesswork - trust https://homemetry.com/dir/Bessemer+AL to help you make informed decisions about what, when and where to buy, sell or rent. I really recommend it and use it myself.

Return to “Think Tank”