Enemy Ranges

Ideas for expansions and improvements to Defcon

Moderator: Defcon moderators

Karzyn
level0

Enemy Ranges

Postby Karzyn » Mon Apr 16, 2007 2:32 am

So, I downloaded the demo and greatly enjoyed it (I'll probably end up buying the game soon). Really, the only thing that I'd change is that it would be kind of nice to be able to see the range on enemy units once they've been revealed. It would allow for more in depth planning if, for example, one knew the range on enemy silos so that launches could be arranged so that they would only go through a minimal number of air defense perimeters. Right now you just have to guess, but I don't see why this should be.

Discuss or ridicule at your leisure.
Radiant Caligula
level5
level5

Postby Radiant Caligula » Mon Apr 16, 2007 3:13 am

Here is what you do:

stretch out your index and longfinger. Point your mouse over your own silo. Put whichever finger at the silo and the other one exactly at the silos combat range. Freeze the distance between your two fingers and point one of them at the enemy silo - TA-DAAAAAHH!!! You now have enemy air defense range! :P :P :P
Ace Rimmer
level5
level5

Postby Ace Rimmer » Mon Apr 16, 2007 3:29 am

Radiant Caligula wrote:Here is what you do:

stretch out your index and longfinger. Point your mouse over your own silo. Put whichever finger at the silo and the other one exactly at the silos combat range. Freeze the distance between your two fingers and point one of them at the enemy silo - TA-DAAAAAHH!!! You now have enemy air defense range! :P :P :P

I've upgraded to the drill bit laying beside the keyboard, much more accurate than two fingers.
Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast...
Radiant Caligula
level5
level5

Postby Radiant Caligula » Mon Apr 16, 2007 3:37 am

NOTHING is more accurate than 2 fingers, except bacon. Bacon could replace lasers on every construction site all across the world, it's THAT accurate.

Two fingers are just 0,3mm less accurate than bacon and a whopping 9,4meters more accurate than lasers and 47 sausages more accurate than drill bits.
Karzyn
level0

Postby Karzyn » Mon Apr 16, 2007 4:17 am

NOTHING is more accurate than 2 fingers, except bacon. Bacon could replace lasers on every construction site all across the world, it's THAT accurate.

Two fingers are just 0,3mm less accurate than bacon and a whopping 9,4meters more accurate than lasers and 47 sausages more accurate than drill bits.

Ah, that explains my problem. Since I don't eat bacon, and thus do not have it laying around the house, naturally I can't measure with it.
Torp
level1
level1

Postby Torp » Mon Apr 16, 2007 1:38 pm

I've used this neat little piece of wire, which length I could change (by bending it), to do these measurements. Worked really nice.

Usually used it to measure rasar ranges with, though. If he can't see you he can't shoot you.
Montyphy
level5
level5

Postby Montyphy » Mon Apr 16, 2007 2:10 pm

Torp wrote:Usually used it to measure rasar ranges with, though. If he can't see you he can't shoot you.

'Mini Me, stop humping the "rasar". Honest to God! Why don't you and the giant "rasar" get a fricken room for God's sakes?'
Uplink help: Check out the Guide or FAQ.
Latest Uplink patch is v1.55.
Radiant Caligula
level5
level5

Postby Radiant Caligula » Mon Apr 16, 2007 2:20 pm

Rasar is some kind of bacon.

Return to “Think Tank”