spectator privat channel!

Ideas for expansions and improvements to Defcon

Moderator: Defcon moderators

zkl
level2
level2
Location: (zkl aka bonsai), Doing the shinyBonsai Manoeuvre(tm)

spectator privat channel!

Postby zkl » Tue Apr 10, 2007 3:43 pm

hi,

spectators should be able to talk directly and only to other spectators and perhaps draw on the map..

zkl
KuKu
level1
level1

Postby KuKu » Tue Apr 10, 2007 5:43 pm

Sounds good..thats a pretty good idea. I think its okay for spectators to talk public cause its nice to have a conversation with whos playing. For many reasons: Coaching, You know the person, complementing, and asking about their strategy.

Just like the people in the game, they should have the power to just talk to spectators and the power to be kicked if they're trying to spoil the game. (Have a vote kick for the spectators who try playing dirty.)

I guess its okay if they draw on the map as long as ONLY other spectators can view it.

4u2NV-KuKu
Old habits die hard, hand me the magnum.
Trident
level2
level2

Postby Trident » Tue Apr 10, 2007 5:53 pm

KuKu wrote:power to be kicked if they're trying to spoil the game.[4u2NV-KuKu

so true, and sometimes they just babble on and on about the stupidest things. :roll:
Montyphy
level5
level5

Re: spectator privat channel!

Postby Montyphy » Tue Apr 10, 2007 10:48 pm

zkl wrote:hi,

spectators should be able to talk directly and only to other spectators and perhaps draw on the map..

zkl

I believe it's called setting SpectatorChatChannel to Private in Advanced Options.
Uplink help: Check out the Guide or FAQ.
Latest Uplink patch is v1.55.
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Tue Apr 10, 2007 11:08 pm

Montyphy wrote:

zkl

I believe it's called setting SpectatorChatChannel to Private in Advanced Options.

Yeah, but that completely isolates the specs. I think that what he is asking for is the ability for specs to talk to each other without talking to the players, but also talk to the players in the same game.

xander
Montyphy
level5
level5

Postby Montyphy » Tue Apr 10, 2007 11:11 pm

xander wrote:
Montyphy wrote:

zkl

Yeah, but that completely isolates the specs. I think that what he is asking for is the ability for specs to talk to each other without talking to the players, but also talk to the players in the same game.

xander

That would be a nice feature but since he failed to clearly express the point I decided not to make that assumption :P
Last edited by Montyphy on Tue Apr 10, 2007 11:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Tue Apr 10, 2007 11:17 pm

Montyphy wrote:That would be a nice feature but since he failed to clearly express the point I decided not to make assumptions :P

Ah, but you did make an assumption. You assumed that he meant the feature that is already there, rather than some other feature. I made the opposite assumption. You see, we all make assumptions. :)

xander
Montyphy
level5
level5

Postby Montyphy » Tue Apr 10, 2007 11:21 pm

xander wrote:
Montyphy wrote:That would be a nice feature but since he failed to clearly express the point I decided not to make assumptions :P

Ah, but you did make an assumption. You assumed that he meant the feature that is already there, rather than some other feature. I made the opposite assumption. You see, we all make assumptions. :)

xander

That's not what I meant to write :oops:

Return to “Think Tank”