Lobby Improvements

Ideas for expansions and improvements to Defcon

Moderator: Defcon moderators

psi88

Lobby Improvements

Postby psi88 » Wed Oct 04, 2006 11:38 pm

Before i start, great game folks at Introversion, and with that sucking up out the way, and as requested, here are some suggestions for defcon improvements from myself and my local group of players.

I appreciate that at the moment everyone and anyone is hosting a game to test it all out and that we are only getting partial game lists when joining, to make this process easier can you think about the following improvement to the lobby system.

Sorting: Can we have ^ and v to sort the various lists of the join game, so we can see which games are which in order..

Filters, Can we copy hl and other server based games and have the ablilty to filter demo users/stream users, empty games/ full games/ games with slots free by number etc,

Friends lists: So far i've met some fantastic people on defcon, some that i'd like to play again, but the chances of them wandering into my game or me into their game are remote, and short of using IM to exchange details and negotiate games there is no way to know when they are online or wanting to play. Can we have a buddies system where we can see if friends are online in defon. This can be used for people to form clans etc and know when everyone is ready to play..

Invites: if buddy lists can be inplimented can we have the facility to invite people into a game with the ability to pass our IP or game name automatically to them by clicking on their username(s) so they can join a game if they want to, this makes hosting a party game so much easier without having to change my msn sig to MY DEFCON IP IS x, PASSWORD IS x

Separate lobby chat windows/tabs: similar to chat for clan/allies/all can we have chat windows for buddies and invited players.

Dedicated server, i know this has been asked about in another thread, but we just want to add our voice to the request..

Advertise game: Once clans start to form can we have some kind of link/url to a game we can use to kick in into action from outside defcon sent from the server whether by email or url?

I hope these suggestions can be looked at, for us the consensus seems to be that the basic lobby system is the only weak part a game that really demands multiplayer co-operation to make the most of it..

Many thanks

psi88.

Return to “Think Tank”