Suggestions For Future Patch

Ideas for expansions and improvements to Defcon

Moderator: Defcon moderators

yacoub
level1
level1

Postby yacoub » Mon Oct 02, 2006 2:20 am

I think the biggest thing would be being able to control the entire game with just the mouse. Having to jump over to the keyboard to deselect a unit is incredibly antiquated when in most games you can just right-click off in empty space on the map and it should deselect your unit (or if right-click is Move, then left-click on empty space should do it).

That and how tricky the screen-edge movement is in Windowed mode.

If they could tweak those two things and add a few more Custom Game options like a Team Win victory condition, I'd be happy.
The_Masses
level0

Postby The_Masses » Wed Oct 04, 2006 9:38 am

wmdzeek wrote:I'd like to see some commands (dont know if there is any) like for when u know your screwed so you type /nuke all or something like that.

This is good, if this could be coupled with the fabled Japanese Big Red Button of Doom you have an instant last hurrah/fuck you.

-The Masses

EDIT: Also, if this button was pressed, three things should happen: One: All alinaces are rendered null and void. Two: All silos auto-find targets. (ie one to a city?). Three: Firey doom takes flight.

STRAIGHT TO HELL ON THE THERMO-NUCLEAR EXPRESS BABY!!! NEXT STOP, OBLIVION!!!!
-Harold Eastwood-Exterminatus Now

Just a thought.
Guns don't kill people, people kill people. And Monkeys too (if the have a gun).
-Eddie Izzard, Glorious tour
HostFat
level1
level1

Postby HostFat » Wed Oct 04, 2006 3:54 pm

- Advanced server option: ON/OFF - If the game is already started AND there are one or more playing CPUs, players can chose if connect like a spectator OR take controll of one CPU position/role ( if someone connect to the server like a spectator, he lose the possibility to do this. Temporary and only on this server )
- Screensaver option: there must be the possibility to set also here the same options / advanced option of the normal game. COOL: An autocamera that runs around the world ( every direction and zoom )
Drakkenfyre
level1
level1

Postby Drakkenfyre » Wed Oct 04, 2006 5:09 pm

skeuri wrote:1) The game doesn't remeber my server/game settings. Being able to save multiple server/game-setting-profiles would be great.

3) Being able to unselect a unit by clicking (left or right?) on an empty area.

Grtz, skeuri

In the Troubleshooting forum I said something similiar to your first suggestion, every time you start a new game the name defaults to "New Game Server", consequently when you try to find a multiplayer game the majority that you see is "New Game Server", I think it should remember the last game name you used

as far as the deselecting of a unit by clicking on an empty area, I am used to doing that in other RTS's, having to hit space to deselect a unit is different, but not drastically so much that it is a hassle, I can (and have) gotten used to it easily, but if they were to implement deselection by clicking an empty area I would not complain

wmdzeek, your "nuke all" idea is bad, and here is why, every single game (both single and multiplayer) would devolve into "Press nuke all" in every single game, it would be the DEFCON equivalent of a rush, no strategy, no thinking, just start the game and press the button and watch as you nuke everyone, no actual playing involved, and it would be abused like hell in multiplayer

-Drakk )))

screensaver

Postby Guest » Thu Oct 05, 2006 1:17 am

I second HostFat's suggestion for a screensaver. It could just go straight into demo mode, or login as a spectator to a random game.

I want to install it on all the machines in my office so that when we go into the glass walled meeting room, if the client happens to glance out, the whole place has become fricken NORAD!
JigsWithoutWoodstock
level2
level2

Postby JigsWithoutWoodstock » Wed Oct 11, 2006 5:39 pm

Something that tells you what server you're connected to in the Server Browser might be nice, like a different colour or something (Yellow). *shrugs*

Also a close button on the Resync dialog, saves me having to hide it each time. :/
We're the same. Nuisances with nowhere to go.

Return to “Think Tank”