Suggestions For Future Patch

Ideas for expansions and improvements to Defcon

Moderator: Defcon moderators

NeoThermic
Introversion Staff
Introversion Staff

Postby NeoThermic » Sun Oct 01, 2006 1:24 pm

fivre wrote:- An option for healthbars, preferrably by-unit. Sure, the tension of wondering whether one's nuke is going to hit Leningrad is great, but it's kind of annoying for silos and ships.

Every unit has just one hitpoint. Each unit has odds of attack (for example, each shot from a fighter to a naval unit is 3% chance of sinking it), and items will keep shooting at it until it gets the odds right and the unit dies. Ergo, having a healthbar would be impossible.

NeoThermic
jokeyrhyme
level1
level1

Postby jokeyrhyme » Sun Oct 01, 2006 1:55 pm

I just tried playing a LAN game today, and I just happened to have my internet connection enabled. You can imagine my surprise when a few people from the 'net joined in. We played the game, and I lost terribly, but that's not the point. :)

It would be great if the game would remember the last state the Internet broadcast setting was in. I find myself racing to disable it everytime I start setting up a game.
chef123
level1
level1

Postby chef123 » Sun Oct 01, 2006 2:16 pm

Just the optiont for PLAY AGAIN after a round, as you may have enjoyed playing with those people and fancy another game.

And also, that nice green globe at start up, lets have the option of that as a screen saver as well.
VolatileLife
level0

Postby VolatileLife » Sun Oct 01, 2006 2:57 pm

chef123 wrote:Just the optiont for PLAY AGAIN after a round, as you may have enjoyed playing with those people and fancy another game.

And also, that nice green globe at start up, lets have the option of that as a screen saver as well.

100%ly signed! Missed that one, too.
ARRG
level1
level1

Postby ARRG » Sun Oct 01, 2006 3:08 pm

A very small thing but...

Is it possible to reduce the alpha channel of explosions ? Because it's really annoying sometimes when you just can't find your units under all this chaos.
Am I the only one who thinks more of the Eiffel Tower, the Kremlin or the Coliseum than of people when nuking cities ?

(PS: excuse my possibly-bad english ^^')
estel
level4
level4

Postby estel » Sun Oct 01, 2006 3:14 pm

That's probably the idea... ^^
MrBrown
level1
level1

Postby MrBrown » Sun Oct 01, 2006 3:33 pm

I agree with:

- Improving server browser with filters, sorting, favourites
- Play Again option, the ability to return to the lobby after the game instead of leaving it completely
Cunny Funt
level1
level1

Postby Cunny Funt » Sun Oct 01, 2006 3:48 pm

MrBrown wrote:I agree with:

- Improving server browser with filters, sorting, favourites
- Play Again option, the ability to return to the lobby after the game instead of leaving it completely

Are you a Dev? :?: :shock:
Ambush
level0

Postby Ambush » Sun Oct 01, 2006 3:56 pm

3) Being able to unselect a unit by clicking (left or right?) on an empty area.

I was trying to deselect a sub this way after launching 1 nuke and it fired another one at the spot on the ocean.
General Crespin
level1
level1

Postby General Crespin » Sun Oct 01, 2006 4:09 pm

I rather like using the spacebar to deselect. It lets you get more done faster without having to click a button. :) I just mapped my G5's thumb button to spacebar.
-Opaque-
level1
level1

Postby -Opaque- » Sun Oct 01, 2006 4:22 pm

jokeyrhyme wrote:I just tried playing a LAN game today, and I just happened to have my internet connection enabled. You can imagine my surprise when a few people from the 'net joined in. We played the game, and I lost terribly, but that's not the point. :)

It would be great if the game would remember the last state the Internet broadcast setting was in. I find myself racing to disable it everytime I start setting up a game.

You can set a default option for this by editing the gameoptions.txt after extracting in from the main.dat, change the AdvertiseOnInternet setting, 0 will cause it not to show up on the net by default and 1 will show it by default
palehorse864
level2
level2

Postby palehorse864 » Sun Oct 01, 2006 6:37 pm

I want to see multiple-launching within a fleet. When I am attacking with my subs, I often have to click a sub, targe,t click a sub, target, etc. In a speed defcon game this keeps you from coordinating a strike within a unit.

I think fleets should still target seperately, but why can't we shift-click a fleet and have it show 30 nukes on our crosshair. Each time we click, the count goes down by one and each sub launches roughly at the same time as the others (Within their own fleet of course).
Useful Dave
level2
level2

Postby Useful Dave » Sun Oct 01, 2006 7:04 pm

THAT Would be good, It would make your strikes better as you would have no gap between incoming Nukes
steersman
level0

Postby steersman » Sun Oct 01, 2006 11:54 pm

How about a save game option? I'm a busy guy, I may not be able to fit in 2-4 hours at a time (alright the wife will kick me off the laptop to do some shopping!).

Useful if it could remember/start with off line new game not online - setting a new game I have to rush to switch off server ad.
First time I played I had 2 or 3 guys spectating and discussing my tactics - no pressure eh guys?
naterd00d
level1
level1

Postby naterd00d » Mon Oct 02, 2006 2:17 am

when creating fleets you an shift click...

Return to “Think Tank”