Welcome to Prison Architect Tablet version!

The place for feedback about tablet versions of Prison Architect

Moderator: NBJeff

John
Introversion Staff
Introversion Staff

Welcome to Prison Architect Tablet version!

Postby John » Mon Apr 13, 2015 10:14 am

This is the forum for discussing the tablet version of Prison Architect. All Prison Architect alpha participants can read this forum, but only the selected tablet testers may post here.

The tablet version of Prison Architect is a complete port of the desktop version, however, there will be some performance issues on iPad 2. The prison size on these devices will be cut down compared to the desktop, but please let us know how many prisoners you can support before it gets unplayable.

Start off by watching this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e9pzYbFEI-Q which will walk you through the process of reporting bugs on the bug tracker.

When reporting a bug, please use the 'Select Profile' drop down box to tell us what iPad hardware you are using. Mention in the bug report itself what OS version you are running, especially if your iPad is not fully up-to-date.

If you have any issues accessing Mantis or reporting a bug, please post them here or email support@introversion.co.uk for help.
IamPsF
level0

Re: Welcome to Prison Architect Tablet version!

Postby IamPsF » Mon Apr 13, 2015 5:26 pm

Have there been Android versions given out yet. I know I would like to give that a go as well? Although my android tablet is not the best it's just an RCA Pro 10, core 3, I think 1100 or 1300 mhz. Only asking cause I'm waiting on my iPad to update to 8.3 (giving up my Jailbreak). I will be using my iPad 2 for this to see how hard I can work this old dog.
FamousTijmen
level0

Postby FamousTijmen » Mon Apr 13, 2015 6:29 pm

IamPsF wrote:Have there been Android versions given out yet. I know I would like to give that a go as well? Although my android tablet is not the best it's just an RCA Pro 10, core 3, I think 1100 or 1300 mhz. Only asking cause I'm waiting on my iPad to update to 8.3 (giving up my Jailbreak). I will be using my iPad 2 for this to see how hard I can work this old dog.

I don't think you understand how this was given out. You had to apply months ago (I'm fairly sure it's closed now) and from the thousands of appliciants they selected around 500. I was lucky enough to be one of them (about to try it out now). I do recall them saying they'd have multiple rounds of this, so if you have applied that doesn't mean you're out of the race yet. But if you didn't, I don't think you can test it out :(
IamPsF
level0

Postby IamPsF » Mon Apr 13, 2015 7:28 pm

I'm sorry I was not Clear above I'm in with my iPad but I had also done one for the Android as well. But I have not seen anything from anyone else on if they were testing it. Plus the email states that if your not a tablet tester you can't post in here. But thanks for your feedback.
FamousTijmen
level0

Postby FamousTijmen » Mon Apr 13, 2015 7:56 pm

Oh! I was already wondering why you could post here... I thought maybe it was just this one post no-tablet testers could post on or something xD
In the picture it does actually show both an iPad and android device... I think you got the email for whatever device you specified during the application...? I wouldn't know, since I'm also an iPad-user...
Gamecool 10
level1
level1

Postby Gamecool 10 » Mon Apr 13, 2015 10:11 pm

Reporting for duty!

I won't let you down, thanks for the oppertunity!
jomarcenter
level0

Postby jomarcenter » Tue Apr 14, 2015 12:41 am

Is there any updates for the android version beta testing?
IamPsF
level0

Postby IamPsF » Tue Apr 14, 2015 5:15 am

I have not heard one way or the other. I put in for both at the same time. And only received one for the ipad. It would be nice to see if the same problems pop up on both... a little love an see for myself before I reported in.
MaXMC
level0

Postby MaXMC » Wed Apr 15, 2015 3:46 pm

IamPsF wrote:I have not heard one way or the other. I put in for both at the same time. And only received one for the ipad. It would be nice to see if the same problems pop up on both... a little love an see for myself before I reported in.

Yes I'm in the same situation, I'd rather try it for my Android tablet but recieved the invite for the iPad. Now I have to get back the ipad from the people that borrowed it so that I can do this :)
BenDbob59
level0

Postby BenDbob59 » Wed Apr 15, 2015 4:23 pm

i got on my dads i pad 2 byt my i pad is an i pad so can you make it run on both but it is good i give it rating of :D :D :D :D half
GAmeDOS
level0

Postby GAmeDOS » Wed Apr 15, 2015 4:33 pm

IPad 4 tester reporting!
wilzadon
level0

Small suggestion, big improvement?

Postby wilzadon » Sun Apr 19, 2015 2:20 pm

Hiya, Im testing on iPad and I have a quick improvement that would make the UI much better. In the reports folder you can change through settings by pressing the arrow button-eg. prisoner intake. However you can't scroll, if there was a way to scroll horizontally or be able to press the options in the background to bring it to the front rather than having to press the arrows then I think the UI would be much better.

Let me know if anyone likes this suggestion or how easy it would be to code into the game, I think it definitely makes it more mobile friendly, especially if you are playing on a small screen and tapping arrows could be clunky.

-Will
KeepzJ
level0

Postby KeepzJ » Tue Apr 28, 2015 5:36 pm

Ipad mini 2 tester here, won through facebook and doing the testing with 2 persons on 1 device. Really excited to play and see how things come along on the ipad!
Ghozer
level0

Postby Ghozer » Fri May 15, 2015 5:10 pm

I can post - but where do I downloat the tablet version?

dont recall getting an email or anything... :/
JASPer.Gamer.9.0
level3
level3

Postby JASPer.Gamer.9.0 » Sun May 17, 2015 9:19 am

g

Return to “Tablet Testing”