Default spritebank has extra conflicting markers; maybe bug?

Discussion about Mods for Prison Architect

Moderator: NBJeff

Hiram Abiff
level0

Default spritebank has extra conflicting markers; maybe bug?

Postby Hiram Abiff » Mon Oct 10, 2016 11:07 pm

After testing a few different mods, the markers used on those mods are not being deleted from my sprite bank once I delete/remove the mod. I've also tried deleting and restoring the Main.Dat file within the game directory, to see if a new spritebank or files would work; but no dice. I've also tried creating a new save, checked the sprite bank with F8, and the markers are still there..

For days, I've been trying to figure out why I have extra markers conflicting with my new mods... :cry:

Can you guys give me some tips?

I appreciate your time and advice, so thanks in advance.
Last edited by Hiram Abiff on Fri Oct 14, 2016 10:45 am, edited 2 times in total.
neoxes
level1
level1

Re: Help with markers please?

Postby neoxes » Tue Oct 11, 2016 3:39 pm

Hiram Abiff wrote:After testing a few different mods, the markers used on those mods are not being deleted from my sprite bank once I delete/remove the mod. I've also tried deleting and restoring the Main.Dat file within the game directory, to see if a new spritebank or files would work; but no dice. I've also tried creating a new save, checked the sprite bank with F8, and the markers are still there..

For days, I've been trying to figure out why I have extra markers conflicting with my new mods... :cry:

Can you guys give me some tips?

I appreciate your time and advice, so thanks in advance.

Can you add some images of the markers you are talking about? If you delete the mods or replace the spritebank, the game will grab the default markers.
Hiram Abiff
level0

Postby Hiram Abiff » Wed Oct 12, 2016 10:15 am

neoxes wrote: Can you add some images of the markers you are talking about? If you delete the mods or replace the spritebank, the game will grab the default markers.

Well, I believe I've found where the markers are being spawned, but I still don't know why they're being placed there or created at all.

Maybe if you could compare my spritebank with your own vanilla/unchanged spritebank, we can see if my findings are correct. Using an image editor to judge direct marker placement pixel by pixel, I estimated their coordinates. I then checked the spritebank, and there they were...

i176 through i189 excluding i185; all of these markers are shown entirely off of the sprites in the F8 editor and are the ones conflicting with my mods.

http://pastebin.com/UHermfaq

Note; I've tried deleting the entire "main" file and allowed it to redownload from steam by verifying game files, but once more, the markers are replaced in the spritebank once its finished. Since they are evenly spaced apart from each other, they do look as though they could be default markers like you say, but why do they spawn; there are no material files making markers, or items calling for open slots.

Just to mention again, I have been creating a new game each time I test or check markers.

If I've accidentally messed up something in the editor, wouldn't/shouldn't it be fixed if I reinstalled the data file like I've already done (which essentially just replaces the spritebank as well)? Seriously confused on this one...

Except for number 1, The center two markers 0 and 2 have three markers on each with the same index. The marker in the center with index 1, has two markers attached with the same index.. that is a total of 13 extra markers

Edit: I wanted to add that all/any of the mods I was testing have now been deleted, and my mods folder is empty.. it was the first thing I thought should have deactivated the markers.

Last edited by Hiram Abiff on Wed Oct 12, 2016 10:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
neoxes
level1
level1

Postby neoxes » Wed Oct 12, 2016 10:42 am

Yes, you got it. It's "bug" of the default spritebank. Did you fix it?
murgh
level2
level2

Postby murgh » Wed Oct 12, 2016 11:25 am

Hiram Abiff
level0

Postby Hiram Abiff » Wed Oct 12, 2016 11:40 am

neoxes wrote:Yes, you got it. It's "bug" of the default spritebank. Did you fix it?

So are you saying this is a bug?.. And no, I have not figured it out. If you, or anyone else has any recommendations on how to fix it, then I'm all ears. When I said in my first post that I've been trying to figure this out for a few days; its actually been more like a week... It has completely stopped me in my tracks when trying to create my own mods, and despite everything I have tried, I have gotten nowhere. :cry: :cry:

If this is a bug, I do hope Introversion will work to patch it asap, as fixing it is way too important for modding anything with markers.
neoxes
level1
level1

Postby neoxes » Wed Oct 12, 2016 12:01 pm

I think they left some unused markers OR they mispositioned them. We can report it on bugtracker.
Last edited by neoxes on Mon Oct 17, 2016 9:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hiram Abiff
level0

Re: Default spritebank has extra conflicting markers; maybe

Postby Hiram Abiff » Sun Oct 16, 2016 11:43 pm

Just to let anyone who may read this thread know; I have indeed reported this issue to the Mantis Bug Tracker. I've also been able to get my mods to function properly by creating extra space in the sprite to allow for the extra markers to not rest on my modified sprite; after the adjustments, my mod and markers set in materials.txt are used without problems. Until it is possibly fixed, the workaround will have to do.

I'd like to thank everyone who took the time to make a reply; especially Neoxes.

If you need it, or are interested; The below links will take you to the continued steam thread, as well as the bug report filed on the bug tracker....

http://steamcommunity.com/app/233450/di ... 750994371/

http://bugs.introversion.co.uk/view.php?id=11300 - Bug Tracker ID# 0011300

Return to “Modding”