[Question] Adding Prison Staff

Discussion about Mods for Prison Architect

Moderator: NBJeff

lambythelamb
level0

[Question] Adding Prison Staff

Postby lambythelamb » Wed Apr 27, 2016 5:28 pm

Hi there,

I'm fairly new to modding and all of this general stuff, so I thought I'd just come and ask my question (after a while of going through the forums and the general internet). So my question is, how do I add staff into my mod? I've managed to "make"one, but it's simply a warden with a different name (Just something small to see if I had added it correctly) now, this would be fine but it doesn't move or anything else. I've looked in the mod files of mods that I've used which add in some staff / npc's but I can't see what I've done wrong. I've also got a problem where it says "material_TEST" instead of just saying "TEST". Any help would be great, as I say, I'm new to this whole area of the game and would just like the option of adding my own touch to it, which in this case is some new staff that can move and maybe do the odd job (WHICH Would also be very helpful if anybody has any advice on how to get staff to do jobs). Thanks!

(Here's what I've used, it's simply a renamed version of the warden, as far as I'm aware.)

BEGIN Object
Name TEST
Price -1000
RenderDepth 2
ViewRange 3
Toughness 5
BlockedBy Wall
BlockedBy StaticObject
BlockedBy UtilityStation
Research Warden
Sprite Warden
Properties Entity
Properties Staff
Equipment Clipboard
END
Captain Fantastic
level1
level1

Re: [Question] Adding Prison Staff

Postby Captain Fantastic » Wed Apr 27, 2016 10:23 pm

Hey there lambythelamb,

Well everything if fine with your objects code so don't worry about that. I have been having a problem with this too, I am not sure if we can mod general staff currently. Unless they need to have an Lua script attached but i havent got the hang of that just yet. If you add Properties Administrator to the object it will function like a warden, lawyer or any member of admin staff but it will need an office.
lambythelamb
level0

Postby lambythelamb » Thu Apr 28, 2016 1:34 am

Okay thank you, It might be a bug with V5c etc, or something like that. I am aware of mods that add in things like prisoners etc, so hopefully I'll be able to add things like that (which I haven't yet tried). Thanks again! :D

-If anybody wants to add anything on to this, feel free too!
lambythelamb
level0

Postby lambythelamb » Thu Apr 28, 2016 8:27 pm

I tried adding guards, sadly they crash my game everytime, but doesnt say anything in the blackbox :/ . I'm also having a problem where it says object_(name) for everything I add, Any help would be great!
NativeFighter
level1
level1

Postby NativeFighter » Sat May 07, 2016 3:26 pm

lambythelamb wrote:I tried adding guards, sadly they crash my game everytime, but doesnt say anything in the blackbox :/ . I'm also having a problem where it says object_(name) for everything I add, Any help would be great!

Hey there,

It is possible to create your own staff, but it's very hard. If you just create your object, then it will just stand there and do nothing... you gotta code (LUA) everything your object will respond to, any jobs he'll do according to what happens and things like that... Setting the property to guard for example won't make him arrest people and beat rioting prisoners...

And for the object_(Object), you need to have a file names language in your Data folder, in which you have a language.txt. In that file, you need to enter:

object_(nameOfObject) theNameYouWant

Something like that... you can always check the game's language file to see how it goes.
Regards,
Native.
lambythelamb
level0

Postby lambythelamb » Sun May 08, 2016 5:36 pm

Hey Native,
Thanks for the help! The object_ part has been solved easily, all you have to do is go into the base language script and basically just copy this in but replace "none" with whatever you're wanting to name it. ( object_none None ). Anyway, thanks for the help I'm just about to try out your other advice :) Thanks again!

Return to “Modding”