"STAFF EVACUATION" -MOD SUGGESTION

Discussion about Mods for Prison Architect

Moderator: NBJeff

funnyfarm21
level0

"STAFF EVACUATION" -MOD SUGGESTION

Postby funnyfarm21 » Thu Dec 31, 2015 5:22 am

So I have been playing Prison Architect for about a week now and the only thing I think could be better is the emergency choices that you have available.

I was thinking about a "Evacuation" button so when you press it all the staff in the prison go to a designated area outside somewhere. I feel like it would make it more like real life and give some extra pzazz to the game play.

Thanks!
Landuros
level1
level1

Re: "STAFF EVACUATION" -MOD SUGGESTION

Postby Landuros » Thu Dec 31, 2015 7:52 am

If someone was to make this mod: they'd probably need more information:

Where are the evacuees going to go?
Just the staff or prisoners too?
In what situation would you evacuate?

Nice suggestion, but I think the implications of this mod are limited.
Ghost314
level1
level1

Postby Ghost314 » Thu Dec 31, 2015 4:52 pm

This thought actually crossed my mind too, the main usage for me would be to send all of your staff to a secure area during an out-of-control riot, so that they don't get killed by rioting prisoners. This puts you in a similar position to the tutorial mission on riots where, prisoners have control of the prison, but your staff are safe outside, and you can call in riot police to re-take the facility.
funnyfarm21
level0

Postby funnyfarm21 » Thu Dec 31, 2015 8:55 pm

I think you could designate a room outside where all of the staff members meet even the warden, security cheif, lawyer etc.. so all of your staff members are safe and it will not result in deaths other than the prisoners attacking other prisoners. It was like the riot episode of the campaign where all the staff are outside in that little building. I feel like there could be better emergency options available in the game.
Ghost314
level1
level1

Postby Ghost314 » Thu Dec 31, 2015 9:41 pm

Landuros wrote:If someone was to make this mod: they'd probably need more information:

Where are the evacuees going to go?
Just the staff or prisoners too?
In what situation would you evacuate?

Nice suggestion, but I think the implications of this mod are limited.

Actually, it would probably be a lot more useful if the mod allowed the user to answer those questions. Instead of a single 'evacuate' button, it would be better implemented as a new type of management screen that lets you define multiple alert levels, and specify which entity types go to what buildings at each alert level.

This way you could set one alert level that sends everyone, including prisoners outside of all buildings but still inside the main compound, for a basic fire evacuation plan. Then another could be used to send all staff members not prepared for combat (cooks, workman, janitors, etc...) to a secure area for minor riots, and another one that sends all staff members including guards to that same area when things are totally out of control, and so on.

Something tells me it's not going to be easy to add a new management screen, but a reasonable compromise might be to add some new room types, which can be placed anywhere, that represent different kinds of evacuation zones. Then when you hit the emergency button for fire evacuation, all staff members and prisoners, go to the nearest 'fire evacuation' room type, which you will probably want to create outdoors.
Chinbob
level0

Postby Chinbob » Fri Jan 01, 2016 9:00 pm

I've made a mod, where you can build several objects to send all of a type of person to an area. One problem is that prisoners are slightly more complicated, and can't just have a target for some reason, so they can't be evacuated (although you can still try). Check it out here: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=590093520
murgh
level2
level2

Postby murgh » Thu May 19, 2016 10:50 pm

Chinbob wrote:I've made a mod, where you can build several objects to send all of a type of person to an area. One problem is that prisoners are slightly more complicated, and can't just have a target for some reason, so they can't be evacuated (although you can still try). Check it out here: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=590093520

Please don't mind me having spent a week or so into investigating this prisoner evacuation matter. After much fiddling around I managed to make an improved version of your evacuation mod and integrated it into the Customizable Control Booths mod (with credits of course). Besides new evacuation alarm sprites it also has an optional fire alarm, offers range settings via buttons and several evac panels for all kinds of people, and there is a new evacuation room. Evacuating prisoners works, but only with a manual... I've tried so many things to get those stubborn bastards move on our commands, pfff. You can read it all over there in the topic. The short answer to the problem is: Needs. Fuck with those and the prisoners go ape shit wanting to full-fill them. Any ideas on how we all can improve it even more are very welcome, I kinda got depleted by trying this and that over and over again.

Return to “Modding”