Bug with custom contraband in escape mode

Discussion about Mods for Prison Architect

Moderator: NBJeff

godfather38
level0

Bug with custom contraband in escape mode

Postby godfather38 » Sat Oct 31, 2015 5:35 pm

I am trying to add a functional garrote wire weapon for escape mode, but whenever you have a custom item equipped and you are caught, you are unable to attack or recruit and its basically game over. the only solution I can think of is digging around in the tiny chunk of code we get and seeing if there is some sort of "is shackled" or "is held" variable, and (if there is) switching one of the THREE POSSIBLE PROPPERTIES POSSIBLE RELATING TO IF AN ITEM IS HELD. but either way, if you have a better solution, please post it, I am, lets just say not very happy, about digging for every last chunk of code that can give me a clue that can lead me to a variable.
Brento666
level3
level3

Re: Bug with custom contraband in escape mode

Postby Brento666 » Sat Oct 31, 2015 8:15 pm

Fighting the ingame logic can be tough, I'd suggest you could trick the game into accepting your object as original IE: override / hijack / extend an existing (lame) ingame item...

I do that all the time in my mods; it's the only way to get allot of stuff to work without hang ups...
dareddevil7
level1
level1

Postby dareddevil7 » Sat Oct 31, 2015 9:58 pm

Brento666 wrote:Fighting the ingame logic can be tough, I'd suggest you could trick the game into accepting your object as original IE: override / hijack / extend an existing (lame) ingame item...

I do that all the time in my mods; it's the only way to get allot of stuff to work without hang ups...

like the piano wire....
Brento666
level3
level3

Postby Brento666 » Mon Nov 02, 2015 11:57 am

dareddevil7 wrote:like the piano wire....

Did you get it in the game thatway?
-I tried my (released) mod successfully yesterday in escape mode! Not that it adds to the gameplay in that mode; but all the customized stuff in my jail works as intended in escape :D
dareddevil7
level1
level1

Postby dareddevil7 » Mon Nov 02, 2015 3:37 pm

Brento666 wrote:
dareddevil7 wrote:like the piano wire....

Did you get it in the game thatway?
-I tried my (released) mod successfully yesterday in escape mode! Not that it adds to the gameplay in that mode; but all the customized stuff in my jail works as intended in escape :D

I don't do modding except for screwing with the values in the defs for rimworld. I just know that piano wire is something already used in the game so it must have at least basic contraband functions like being able to be held.
Brento666
level3
level3

Postby Brento666 » Mon Nov 02, 2015 4:02 pm

Ahhh, yes, I missed the fact you weren't the OP, sorry daredevil !

@Godfather38: You get it to work for ya?

Return to “Modding”