Make YOUR objects paintable, upgradeble, downgr...

Discussion about Mods for Prison Architect

Moderator: NBJeff

Brento666
level3
level3

Make YOUR objects paintable, upgradeble, downgr...

Postby Brento666 » Sat Oct 24, 2015 12:28 am

Hi Modders!

I just released { Paint. Upgrade. Downgrade. Sign } (http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=540380855)

It has tools to paint, upgrade, downgrade and sign other objects!... The mod uses these tools on doors, staffdoors, (wide) jaildoors, solitarydoors, desks and toilets.

The tools simply switches between an objects SubTypes. The object remains as it was (script and all if it has that), but the looks can radically change! The tools are brought and installed by workmen of coarse, when they finish installing something the object changes. It looks quite believable, is user friendly and adds to the game, I feel...

Anyway; If you would like your object(s) paintable or have up- or down-grades or signs;
-have unique/non-ambiguous names for your objects.
>I don't want to accidentally change the wrong mod's "computer" for instance!
-include extra subtypes in your sprites.png
-include the new sprites in your object definition(s) in materials.txt
-have the mod on steam
-let me know that you now have extra color-ranges and/or models in a mod.
>let me know any color-sequence preferences or specify the up-down models if that isn't clear

Then I'll include an extra few lines in my tools structures and voila; you can use my mod's tool on your modded objects!

This way your object can be customizable, while saving you code-functionality at the same time!
(Also I offer this, because I hope to avoid having other mods creating very similar tools to mine! Splintering would suck!)

So perhaps if you would like it, let me know... Also, seeing as there is still a (stupid) limit on how many sprites you can run concurrently; please don't go overboard and fill sprites.pngs to the max (like I just did with my sprites). Or it will cause allot more users to encounter the limit !

-If the sprite limit gets lifted I will probably get to work on releasing an expansion to the mod; bringing in an extra 'cloth'-tool that changes stuff like bed-sheets, chairs and pooltablelinnen... Those will also have up/down-gradables, of coarse!

Hoping this interests you or was at least an interesting read, thanks!

Return to “Modding”