Massive modding guide (WIP) on github wiki

Discussion about Mods for Prison Architect

Moderator: NBJeff

aubergine18
level2
level2

Massive modding guide (WIP) on github wiki

Postby aubergine18 » Tue Oct 20, 2015 6:21 pm

Due to some issues with Steam Guides, I've decided to start porting them to a github wiki.

This is still very much a major work in progress, there are lots of empty or missing pages:
https://github.com/aubergine10/Prison-A ... t-API/wiki

I'm currently completing about 20-30 pages per day - it's going to take forever for me to finish this just doing it on my own; I could really use some help!

If you want to help, please focus on just dumping raw information and examples in, rather than formatting (I'll sort out the formatting, sidebars, etc). Current priorities are:

* materials.txt - specifically the settings listed in sidebar
* /scripts (object scripting) - again, all the stuff in the sidebar

Even if you just copy and paste from the older steam guides in to the relevant wiki pages, it will be a huge, huge help.

I get notifications whenever stuff changes, and it's all version controlled so any fuckups can be easily fixed, so don't be afraid to edit the wiki.

Note: If you 'clone to desktop', make sure you sync back changes as soon as you make them to avoid merge conflicts. If you don't know what any of that means, just edit stuff via your web browser directly on the wiki site.

Complete or nearly complete sections to give an idea of what it's all going to be like when finished:

* Material definitions

If you see any errors, please let me know either here or in the github tracker.
demeggy
level1
level1

Re: Massive modding guide (WIP) on github wiki

Postby demeggy » Tue Oct 20, 2015 8:22 pm

Fantastic idea. A great repository is always the best way to ensure proactive modding's carried on!
JASPer.Gamer.9.0
level3
level3

Postby JASPer.Gamer.9.0 » Thu Oct 29, 2015 5:01 am

aubergine18 wrote:Due to some issues with Steam Guides, I've decided to start porting them to a github wiki.

This is still very much a major work in progress, there are lots of empty or missing pages:
https://github.com/aubergine10/Prison-A ... t-API/wiki
If you see any errors, please let me know either here or in the github tracker.

Can we get this post pinned?

Jasper

EDIT: Added link to IV dev-wiki.
Brento666
level3
level3

Postby Brento666 » Thu Oct 29, 2015 6:12 pm

Seconded for the pinning of this!

Thanks again for all the efforts in docking all of it Aubergine18 !! I shall have to get on git sooner rather then later, to help out directly in filling in the blanks!
aubergine18
level2
level2

Postby aubergine18 » Thu Oct 29, 2015 7:36 pm

@Jasper regarding Capturable I'm not sure... I always thought it was something to do with gangs but Yard and Security aren't capturable so maybe you're right, it could be a way of defining rooms that can act as cells.

Regarding 'exocution room' I think that's hidden by some other method. In campaign scripting there are some functions that can turn on or off certain game features (like utilities, etc) and maybe it's hidden because of that?

Return to “Modding”