Discussion about Mods for Prison Architect

Moderator: NBJeff

demeggy
level1
level1

Remove Qualifications/Workshop Modding

Postby demeggy » Mon Oct 19, 2015 10:51 pm

Evening all,

So I'm working on a small conversion that will require prisoner labour to be a compliant part of prison-life. As such, I'm trying to ensure that prisoners can utilise the Workshop without the need for the Safety Induction.

I've tried doing this by removing the Qualification parameter from the 'materials.txt' in my modbuild (I know the mod's running fine in general as it's picking up numerous other changes [non-workshop related]), but I'm still not getting any prisoners working when assigning 20 positions out of logistics to them.

The room's enclosed, with security doors (one leading out, one leading into an export room), and marked for prison labour via logistics, so I'm stumped as to why my prisoners won't work.

Any thoughts would be much appreciated :)

Demeggy
Trixi
level2
level2

Re: Remove Qualifications/Workshop Modding

Postby Trixi » Tue Oct 20, 2015 1:16 am

well, all of the vanilla rooms are kind of hardcoded, so i dont think your plan will work. Just working myself on a workshop mod and it was a huge mess.

I tried to add a wood saw to the vanilla workshop and i had no chance, so i can imagine that removing the workshopsafety just dont is accepted by the normal saw or the workshop it self already checks the workshop safety with the hardcoded part.
demeggy
level1
level1

Postby demeggy » Tue Oct 20, 2015 7:44 pm

Thanks Trixi, that's a shame :( I'm glad to see I'm not the only one that's had problems. On that basis, I'll have to amend the way the Induction programmes used I guess, do we know if there's a sure fire way to 'force' or at the very least, ensure your prisoners participation in the programme?
aubergine18
level2
level2

Postby aubergine18 » Tue Oct 20, 2015 7:54 pm

demeggy
level1
level1

Postby demeggy » Tue Oct 20, 2015 8:12 pm

Perfect, thanks - I'll do some digging :)
demeggy
level1
level1

Postby demeggy » Wed Oct 21, 2015 5:18 pm

Had a look, it's a relatively basic new course for your prisoners, with a simple mandatory involvement.

The problem I'm currently having is actually ensuring my workforce attends - I've done a brief bit of research (granted I'm writing this from the office when I should be working *cough*), are there any specific needs of the prisoners before they even consider attending mandatory courses?
aubergine18
level2
level2

Postby aubergine18 » Wed Oct 21, 2015 5:54 pm

There might be, but I don't know for certain. There always seems to be a long delay in my prisons before prisoners start taking courses, etc.
Brento666
level3
level3

Postby Brento666 » Wed Oct 21, 2015 6:29 pm

I have some programs that are mandatory (in development).

I get every new prisoner to be 'Assessed' by my psych team (1 on 1), it is mandatory. I can schedule them to take place whenever I want;

Intake Mandatory
Properties StudentsSit
Properties OutsideOfWork

Prisoners being sometimes not so smart, fail that assessment quite allot, even with "Difficulty 0"... So I trialed and tested;

Difficulty -100 works!
-It makes, the course allot easier! But still some will fail, but allot less fail (compared to when difficulty = 0)!
(-1000 crashed the game, so stopped testing at -100)

The course isn't repeatable, so once a prisoner finally passes, they are okayed/obliged to do follow up (psych) reform programs...

Hope that helps you along, my mod with these programs (or any for that matter) aren't released as of yet... (This one with all the psych stuff is at the back of the cue.)
demeggy
level1
level1

Postby demeggy » Wed Oct 21, 2015 6:37 pm

Brento666 wrote:I have some programs that are mandatory (in development).

I get every new prisoner to be 'Assessed' by my psych team (1 on 1), it is mandatory. I can schedule them to take place whenever I want;

Intake Mandatory
Properties StudentsSit
Properties OutsideOfWork

Prisoners being sometimes not so smart, fail that assessment quite allot, even with "Difficulty 0"... So I trialed and tested;

Difficulty -100 works!
-It makes, the course allot easier! But still some will fail, but allot less fail (compared to when difficulty = 0)!
(-1000 crashed the game, so stopped testing at -100)

The course isn't repeatable, so once a prisoner finally passes, they are okayed/obliged to do follow up (psych) reform programs...

Hope that helps you along, my mod with these programs (or any for that matter) aren't released as of yet... (This one with all the psych stuff is at the back of the cue.)

Ah, now that's interesting thanks. I was also having difficulty getting the two prisoners that bothered attending to pass (was also using 0 as a difficulty level). I'll try this, and report back!

Return to “Modding”