MOD Idea and Future Improvement 2nd Floor Prisons

Discussion about Mods for Prison Architect

Moderator: NBJeff

WarFighterr29
level0

MOD Idea and Future Improvement 2nd Floor Prisons

Postby WarFighterr29 » Sun Oct 18, 2015 12:35 am

Well, would be great to have 2nd and 3rd floor block cells in the game and switch to each one by clicking on a simply arrow, and apply that to another buildings too like offices.

Something like this:
http://media.hamptonroads.com/cache/files/images/1175221.jpg
aubergine18
level2
level2

Re: MOD Idea and Future Improvement 2nd Floor Prisons

Postby aubergine18 » Sun Oct 18, 2015 2:59 am

This would actually be possible (albeit crazy complex) if the modding API allowed manipulation of materials, power cables and pipes, fog of war, and hiding objects. Would also need some way to run power and water upwards to the higher floors, and then have something that can connect to them on those floors (much more easily do-able if we could properly mod in our own power stations and water pumps - as new objects rather than updates to existing object) although there are even ways to work around that limitation.
JazzyP
level0

Postby JazzyP » Sun Oct 18, 2015 9:07 am

I would love 2nd floor prisons, it's something I've wanted from the start.

I want to rebuild Sona from Prison Break...
Brento666
level3
level3

Postby Brento666 » Mon Oct 19, 2015 2:54 am

Yeah, I've also dreamed about an extra dimension; would also love utitily shafts and underground maintenance areas (for pumps/transformers/escapes!)

But upper floor also, they could be harder to supply with water and need repeater pumps to cover larger higher areas, giving added challenge... You would build specific pipes and wire-objects that could connect up on the ground floor and underground.

...If only Introversion would just let us come over and play with their source codes a little :P
(then again, not offering my services for free to them, they're loaded!)

Return to “Modding”