Discussion about Mods for Prison Architect

Moderator: NBJeff

crosseout
level0

Uploading empty mod

Postby crosseout » Sun Oct 11, 2015 9:50 pm

Hey guys
I just made my first mod "Interrogation Facility"
For some reason the steam workshop filesize says its 1kb (even though it should be about 380kb)
I'm not sure what else than making the mod and putting it in the mod folder inn appdata and then publishing it from within prison architect I can do to make it upload properly.

Anyone had the same issue and know a fix?

heres the mod btw: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =533078005
Brento666
level3
level3

Re: Uploading empty mod

Postby Brento666 » Sun Oct 11, 2015 11:06 pm

That's a cool looking reform program!

I haven't uploaded my work in progress, so can't help on the uploading side of things, apart from asking if you had your uploaded mod 'applied' (enabled) in your game before upload (maybe that matters?) Or maybe it's an account setting in Steam throwing dirt in the mechanism?

If you want some help with scripts (like you state in the mod description) however... then I'm always open to discuss troubles, possibilities or workarounds!

Hope you get this out there soon, the interrogations looks like an interesting thing to view :mrgreen:

-What are you thinking of scripting enhancements? Checks to see if observation rooms are manned or some randomness and/or violence?
crosseout
level0

Postby crosseout » Mon Oct 12, 2015 6:48 am

Hey
Yes, the mod was applied when I uploaded it, I have tried updating it with it not applied as well. Ive tried to have the map in archived ":mod" also.

Yeah, those are exactly the kind of things I was thinking about, and also for the prisoner to reveal some contraband "coverage" when the interrogation is successfull. Having a bit of problem with the violence part because there seems to be a fundamental difference between "guard" and "administrator"...
aubergine18
level2
level2

Postby aubergine18 » Thu Oct 15, 2015 5:19 am

Can you upload a .zip file of your mod somewhere (github?) so we can download and take a look to try and work out why it's empty? I tried subscribing the mod but there was nothing in the data folder.
crosseout
level0

Postby crosseout » Thu Oct 15, 2015 3:52 pm

aubergine18
level2
level2

Postby aubergine18 » Fri Oct 16, 2015 3:14 am

I think it might be because you have it in numbered folder...

Try changing the folder name from '533078005' to 'Interrogation Mod' or something like that (the number should still remain in manifest.txt so that PA knows which workshop page to update).

Other than that I can't see why it wouldn't be uploading. If you continue to have problems with it, please post a bug report in the tracker: http://bugs.introversion.co.uk/bug_report_page.php

Return to “Modding”