MOD Idea/Help - Search Room / X-Ray Scanner

Discussion about Mods for Prison Architect

Moderator: NBJeff

Aghneto
level0

MOD Idea/Help - Search Room / X-Ray Scanner

Postby Aghneto » Wed Sep 09, 2015 6:10 pm

Hi everybody.

I tried finding something like this but I could not find anything definitive, so I'm asking anybody's help and interest right now.

:idea: A feature I'd really enjoy in the game would be the one of a "Search Room", or an "X-Ray Scanner". You would put it just outside the Infirmary and Visitation Room to prevent contraband going out: as soon as the prisoner passes trough the Search Room / X-Ray Scanner, he will be searched, preventing contraband to spread. Just like a Reception when the prisoners first arrive at the prison.

I tried to gather the knowledge to make such a mod, but I accepted the fact that I can't do it on my own, even tho I'd love to.

:!: The mod I'd create (instead of a simpler Search Room) would be a much more sophisticated but fancier "X-Ray Scanner" where it will have to be operated by a Guard (maybe just like the Door Control system: one guard can control more than one at a time from a distance as long as it's wired) and one by one the prisoners exiting the room (since this will be their only way out) will have to stand on it for an in-game minute or two, and if it detects any kind of contraband it will give the order to search the prisoner.

:arrow: I know somebody could think it may be useless (dogs + metal detector), or too OP, but it's realistic. The addition of the waiting time for all prisoners on the scanner, high prices, high electricity requirement, a hard control (maybe it can be not wired, and it might require a guard to operate it at all times), unlocking from bureaucracy: all this and more can even out the fact that this item will almost entirely get rid of contraband in your prison. . . apart from Deliveries :( (would I like to build a mod where if you build in the Deliveries Room a conveyor belt with an X-Ray Scanner, deliveries must go trough it? Yes).

:D In conclusion, hoping this post won't get completely ignored, if anybody wants to try to build such a mod together and maybe something else after it (since I accepted the fact that I just can't alone), I'd be more than happy to learn and invest my time on it.
If you will only write "you can do it on your own" and just link :how to make a mod: pages, I surely will appreciate it too: I'm trying to find a discussion on the matter here, not an already finished mod.
Dubpub
level0

Re: MOD Idea/Help - Search Room / X-Ray Scanner

Postby Dubpub » Sun Sep 13, 2015 5:55 am

Hello! As of now, I can't really think of a way to go about accomplishing this as the Introversion team doesn't give us the tools to detect contraband or even search prisoners via Lua. Maybe in a few patches or the beta release!

EDIT:
1) You can detect equipment from people like guards, since most contraband is classified as equipment, I tried accessing prisoners "equipment". No dice.
2) Tried to invoke a prisoner search when passing through metal detector regardless of detection or not. Not available.
aubergine18
level2
level2

Postby aubergine18 » Sun Sep 13, 2015 1:32 pm

It might be possible to get some info via the prisoners' Equipment property: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =480978426
Dubpub
level0

Postby Dubpub » Sun Sep 13, 2015 9:16 pm

aubergine18 wrote:It might be possible to get some info via the prisoners' Equipment property: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =480978426

(See my edit in the first post)

I actually used your guide to do some research! So thanks for that. Anywho, I tried accessing the equipment property for a prisoner, always returns nil. :( Yes, I made sure the prisoner was actually holding something. According to the save files, contraband isn't actually a held item but a "ghost" product until it's needed. For example, a hammer (equipment type is weapon) would be given to the carrying prisoner when aggression is taking place. I thought about making the prisoner very angry when stepping on the scanner, causing the contraband to become equipment for the prisoner and removing it that way. The problem is obvious, it wouldn't be a peaceful engagement haha. So until Introversion gives us more modding options or the complete rework of equipment is done, there isn't much I personally can do.
aubergine18
level2
level2

Postby aubergine18 » Thu Oct 15, 2015 9:40 am

Other properties to try:

.Carrying
.CarryingId
.Hidden - no idea what this is at the moment

Return to “Modding”