ROFLmod Final release + TGR RingMod

Discuss your new mods and themes here

Moderator: Defcon moderators

TheGranaryBytes
level2
level2
Posts: 97
Joined: Mon Aug 13, 2012 7:35 pm

ROFLmod Final release + TGR RingMod

Postby TheGranaryBytes » Mon Aug 27, 2012 4:37 am

Some people have been asking for this for a while & seeing as both myself and ROFL don't play as much any more we thought it was time to release this thing.

Credits: Roflamingo + TGR

Link: http://www.filehost.ws/uisb22rtyger

If the download link goes down I will put up another.

Features:
Enhanced RingMod
Precision co-ordinate system.
built in radar modification.
relative speed list.
silo, fighter & bomber firing ranges.
List of how many nukes it takes to zero a city.
Kill check list.
Movement lines to access hard to reach areas.
Bering strait access line.


Secret messages.....possibly.

Screenshot: Image
Last edited by TheGranaryBytes on Mon Sep 03, 2012 3:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
roflamingo
level3
level3
Posts: 404
Joined: Fri Jan 19, 2007 10:25 am

Postby roflamingo » Mon Aug 27, 2012 5:02 am

Some special thanks to South America, who donated the modified Radar Range mod as one of the layers.
User avatar
thedarkknightrises
level1
level1
Posts: 30
Joined: Mon Aug 13, 2012 4:14 pm

Re: ROFLmod Final release + TGR RingMod

Postby thedarkknightrises » Mon Aug 27, 2012 5:03 am

TheGranaryBytes wrote:
If the download link goes down I will put up another.



Why would the link go down? Do they delete it after 30 days?

Seed it as a torrent and it will never go down. You can always host it on s3 as a torrent file then put it on burnbit to ensure redundancy...
Last edited by thedarkknightrises on Mon Aug 27, 2012 5:13 am, edited 2 times in total.
TheGranaryBytes
level2
level2
Posts: 97
Joined: Mon Aug 13, 2012 7:35 pm

Re: ROFLmod Final release + TGR RingMod

Postby TheGranaryBytes » Mon Aug 27, 2012 5:04 am

thedarkknightrises wrote:
TheGranaryBytes wrote:
If the download link goes down I will put up another.



Why would the link go down? Do they delete it after 30 days?

Seed it as a torrent and it will never go down.


You are free to make a torrent of it if you wish. I won't be.
User avatar
thedarkknightrises
level1
level1
Posts: 30
Joined: Mon Aug 13, 2012 4:14 pm

Postby thedarkknightrises » Tue Aug 28, 2012 12:34 am

redacted
Last edited by thedarkknightrises on Tue Aug 28, 2012 2:04 am, edited 2 times in total.
TheGranaryBytes
level2
level2
Posts: 97
Joined: Mon Aug 13, 2012 7:35 pm

Postby TheGranaryBytes » Tue Aug 28, 2012 1:07 am

The URL is a joke put there by ROFL.
User avatar
Laika
level5
level5
Posts: 1467
Joined: Tue Feb 07, 2012 7:16 pm
Location: Moscow

Postby Laika » Tue Aug 28, 2012 8:26 pm

It seems to me that marks inside grid cells make map overloaded with information, apart from this I think it's nice mod. Thank you for uploading.
TheGranaryBytes
level2
level2
Posts: 97
Joined: Mon Aug 13, 2012 7:35 pm

Postby TheGranaryBytes » Tue Aug 28, 2012 8:44 pm

Laika_rus wrote:It seems to me that marks inside grid cells make map overloaded with information, apart from this I think it's nice mod. Thank you for uploading.


The mod was never meant to be uploaded. Me and ROFL used it in 2v2's and spoke over skype using the coordinates.

It fit our needs perfectly but I can definitely see why it isn't to everyone's taste. Thanks for the comments.
User avatar
The Mighty Santa
level2
level2
Posts: 219
Joined: Fri May 25, 2012 4:16 pm
Location: North Pole

Postby The Mighty Santa » Tue Aug 28, 2012 8:53 pm

Laika_rus wrote:It seems to me that marks inside grid cells make map overloaded with information, apart from this I think it's nice mod. Thank you for uploading.


Image

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
TheGranaryBytes
level2
level2
Posts: 97
Joined: Mon Aug 13, 2012 7:35 pm

Postby TheGranaryBytes » Tue Aug 28, 2012 8:56 pm

Not at all Korean. I know there are a lot of players using this but obviously the interface might be tricky to get used to. Once you get used to it, it makes anticipating positions easier.

Constructive criticisms are welcome.
User avatar
The Mighty Santa
level2
level2
Posts: 219
Joined: Fri May 25, 2012 4:16 pm
Location: North Pole

Postby The Mighty Santa » Tue Aug 28, 2012 9:55 pm

TheGranaryBytes wrote:Not at all Korean. I know there are a lot of players using this but obviously the interface might be tricky to get used to. Once you get used to it, it makes anticipating positions easier.

Constructive criticisms are welcome.


Heh, just kidding :)

Anyways, where can we see the "number of nukes to zero a city" Thanks for the mod!

[EDIT] never mind, got it thanks :)
User avatar
roflamingo
level3
level3
Posts: 404
Joined: Fri Jan 19, 2007 10:25 am

Postby roflamingo » Wed Aug 29, 2012 4:37 am

Look at Antarctica, there's a bit of info posted there.

And to Laika's point - I think I did 17 versions of the grid before landing on this version. I tended to agree it was crowded at first, but after a few games I no longer noticed the crowding. I also use black water / black land like in the screenshot, and the precision you can achieve with maneuveres made all the numbers worthwhile.
TheGranaryBytes
level2
level2
Posts: 97
Joined: Mon Aug 13, 2012 7:35 pm

Postby TheGranaryBytes » Wed Aug 29, 2012 4:51 am

roflamingo wrote:Look at Antarctica, there's a bit of info posted there.

And to Laika's point - I think I did 17 versions of the grid before landing on this version. I tended to agree it was crowded at first, but after a few games I no longer noticed the crowding. I also use black water / black land like in the screenshot, and the precision you can achieve with maneuveres made all the numbers worthwhile.


Certainly made Blackout mad..
R3D
level3
level3
Posts: 307
Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 12:15 pm
Location: danmark

Postby R3D » Wed Aug 29, 2012 3:25 pm

very nice mod, just tried it, i like it :)
TheGranaryBytes
level2
level2
Posts: 97
Joined: Mon Aug 13, 2012 7:35 pm

Postby TheGranaryBytes » Wed Aug 29, 2012 3:41 pm

Thanks Red.

Return to “Mod Projects”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest