Submarine/AI question (Just theoretical)

Discuss your new mods and themes here

Moderator: Defcon moderators

namj13
level2
level2

Humble Bundle

Postby namj13 » Sun Jul 08, 2012 2:41 pm

Is there any chance IV would do something similar to the Humble Bundle again?
--Namj13
TGR
level3
level3

Re: Humble Bundle

Postby TGR » Sun Jul 08, 2012 2:58 pm

namj13 wrote:Is there any chance IV would do something similar to the Humble Bundle again?

who knows?
BGP
level2
level2

Postby BGP » Sun Jul 08, 2012 4:19 pm

TGR wrote:
bert_the_turtle wrote:
BGP wrote:1. Increase sub SLBM range to same as silo range. Missiles fired from subs can now fly as far as those from silos.
2. Decrease the efficacy of silo air defense strength by 50%. In real life, BMD and NMD technology is not that good at all.
MINICOM already allows that via the worldoptions.txt mod mechanism. You have to distribute your worldoptions.txt mod to all players. Dedicated servers work with it, too, you just have to configure them to only allow MINICOM clients with the mod installed to connect.

And there was no need to spam this EVERYWHERE. In addition to the forum posts everyone can see, you both sent it to me personally by PM and email option.

And keep the money. People throwing offers like that around on forums usually get it from dark sources I want nothing to do with. Not saying you do, of course.

Cheers for the clarification Bert. That's about what I thought.

I can also confirm BGP pm'd me twice about this.

That is not what you thought, you thought, and you continually vehemently expressed, that it was in no way possible to do this on a dedicated server.

Code: Select all

Not entirely sure how it'd work really, only you would have that ability and the server would probably need to be patched also. It's not quite as clear cut as you are making out.

Except it is different

Except ya it really is.

who knows?
keyID = 436060 apollo13@lavabit.com
TGR
level3
level3

Postby TGR » Sun Jul 08, 2012 4:43 pm

BGP wrote:
TGR wrote:
bert_the_turtle wrote:
BGP wrote:1. Increase sub SLBM range to same as silo range. Missiles fired from subs can now fly as far as those from silos.
2. Decrease the efficacy of silo air defense strength by 50%. In real life, BMD and NMD technology is not that good at all.
MINICOM already allows that via the worldoptions.txt mod mechanism. You have to distribute your worldoptions.txt mod to all players. Dedicated servers work with it, too, you just have to configure them to only allow MINICOM clients with the mod installed to connect.

And there was no need to spam this EVERYWHERE. In addition to the forum posts everyone can see, you both sent it to me personally by PM and email option.

And keep the money. People throwing offers like that around on forums usually get it from dark sources I want nothing to do with. Not saying you do, of course.

Cheers for the clarification Bert. That's about what I thought.

I can also confirm BGP pm'd me twice about this.

That is not what you thought, you thought, and you continually vehemently expressed, that it was in no way possible to do this on a dedicated server.

Not entirely sure how it'd work really, only you would have that ability and the server would probably need to be patched also. It's not quite as clear cut as you are making out.

Except it is different

Except ya it really is.

who knows?

Umm no? I said that I was doubtful that it work out of the box. Which it wouldn't

Return to “Mod Projects”