somone help me with the dedcon plz

Discuss your new mods and themes here

Moderator: Defcon moderators

nuclear cocaine
level4
level4

somone help me with the dedcon plz

Postby nuclear cocaine » Thu Mar 15, 2012 7:40 am

I recently upgraded my computer and it has windows 7 . for some reason I cant save anything to the notepad to make my dedcon server . :( It also makes me put in key every time defcon loads up so I know it has a problem with permissions . I tried uninstalling both dedcon and defcon and re installing them running as administrator so i can also load up my mods by opening the main file and dropping the bmp files i like rite into the game and placing radar mod in dat file using winrar but it says denied when i try to do it . anyone know what to do ? obviously I should a went mac lol
bert_the_turtle
level5
level5

Postby bert_the_turtle » Thu Mar 15, 2012 10:48 am

As you say, it's a permissions issue. I'll see if future installers can do a better job, but for now, you have to either edit the settings and keys as admin or give yourself the correct permissions. To do so,
- right click on the dedcon installation directory, select "Properties"
- go to the "Permissions" or "Security" tab (I'm using the German version, so I don't know how it's called in English)
- If you're not already admin, you need to click on the "Change..." button with the security shield logo
- Select 'User' in the top half of the screen, on the bottom, activate the box in the Allow/Change position
- Press OK etc.

Return to “Mod Projects”