Draw proper lines with whiteboard

Discuss your new mods and themes here

Moderator: Defcon moderators

Razorjack
level2
level2

Postby Razorjack » Wed Feb 03, 2010 2:07 pm

Ah i see the problem.

What if the maximum line extention distance, is set to be a silo AA fire range ? Assuming the line would still be on the map.
bert_the_turtle
level5
level5

Postby bert_the_turtle » Wed Feb 03, 2010 3:58 pm

There'd still be lots of cases where you don't want your line to extend, for example when you're painting naughty pictures in diplomacy to make your allies think you're bored and in no way scheming against them in private chat with the enemies.
trickser
level5
level5

Postby trickser » Wed Feb 03, 2010 4:36 pm

Not that i want this, but because he only wants it for the rare case of aa-trail marking. a /wbline command for next 2 clicks or a timeout might be enough usability.
bert_the_turtle
level5
level5

Postby bert_the_turtle » Wed Feb 03, 2010 5:14 pm

Dunno. You need to be quick drawing those extrapolation lines, and entering a chat command takes time.
Ace Rimmer
level5
level5

Postby Ace Rimmer » Wed Feb 03, 2010 6:20 pm

The only real solution: Practice makes perfect. :wink:

I can by no means draw a decent line by hand in Defcon, but can still triangulate silos. The lines don't need to be perfect, just interconnected enough to make a decent approximation (i.e. multiple fighters from two or three approaching vectors with enough time between each fighter for you to keep up with the AA).

Also, if I know you're going for triangulation, I'll through in fighters just to confuse you (fake AA). I know others do that as well. :wink:
Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast...
Razorjack
level2
level2

Postby Razorjack » Fri Feb 05, 2010 2:45 pm

Draw straight lines with the whiteboard...

I don't know why i didn't think about this on the first place :

Ruler + mouse => straight lines ! I'm a genius :P
Ace Rimmer
level5
level5

Postby Ace Rimmer » Fri Feb 05, 2010 3:51 pm

Haha! That's pure genius. :D
Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast...
Red Button
level3
level3

Postby Red Button » Fri Feb 05, 2010 4:23 pm

Hey Guys, dont want to ruin your discussion. But do a game and watch your Anukeshots carefully.. They dont do a straigt line, only when a nuke goes directly on them in a straight line, what never happens.. But yeah, u would get a good idea, where thay are, thats true.. it really would be perfect to do the 2 click thing :)
Ace Rimmer
level5
level5

Postby Ace Rimmer » Fri Feb 05, 2010 7:24 pm

Red Button wrote:Hey Guys, dont want to ruin your discussion. But do a game and watch your Anukeshots carefully.. They dont do a straigt line, only when a nuke goes directly on them in a straight line, what never happens.. But yeah, u would get a good idea, where thay are, thats true.. it really would be perfect to do the 2 click thing :)

That's why you use multiple fighters from at least two directions. Silo triangulating is pretty easy once you do it a few times, it's just time consuming and sometimes not worth the effort. I know I've triangulated plenty of silo only to have the person launch and give the location away before I could do anything.

Return to “Mod Projects”