Year 1961

Discuss your new mods and themes here

Moderator: Defcon moderators

Pegasos
level0

Year 1961

Postby Pegasos » Wed Jan 28, 2009 10:38 pm

My first mod, yay!

So the deal is, that the year is 1961, and the soviets start building the Berlin wall. A conflict arises and it´s WW3.

Modifications:
-New, more early-cold-warish units
-New territories:
-USSR, including its Eastern European friends
-Western Europe, mostly those in Nato + Spain
-China, China and North Korea
-USA, Northern America, South Korea and Japan

Download

Last edited by Pegasos on Thu Jan 29, 2009 2:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ace Rimmer
level5
level5

Postby Ace Rimmer » Wed Jan 28, 2009 10:39 pm

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast...
Gulidar
level4
level4

Postby Gulidar » Wed Jan 28, 2009 10:46 pm

Oh please not imageshack. http://flickr.com/ or photobucket.com... or anything.
What is the death of one world in the cause of purity?
sfericz
level5
level5

Re: Year 1961

Postby sfericz » Wed Jan 28, 2009 10:54 pm

Pegasos wrote:Someone tell me how to upload screenshots! :?

Code: Select all

[URL=http://yourimageBIG.png][img]http://yourimageSMALL.png[/img][/URL]
Please note the Big and Small images, You want to post the thumbnail version, then the link to the bigger.
Wasgood
level5
level5

Postby Wasgood » Thu Jan 29, 2009 2:26 am

www.tinypic.com
Is way better then those.
Crazy Eyes
level0

Postby Crazy Eyes » Thu Jan 29, 2009 5:12 am

I gave it a spin. I think its good base, but I would honestly like to see some more refinement with the overall feel of this mod.

I like the ships and the SAM icon seems fine, however the aircraft icons just aren't doing it for me. When I think 1961, I think Fail Safe-era warrooms and B-58 Hustlers. Also I think there are alot of files in the folder that could be done without. No need to include copies of default Defcon files, as the game will take care of those on its on.

Other than that, I think it has a lot of promise and its very good for your first mod.
Pegasos
level0

Postby Pegasos » Thu Jan 29, 2009 1:55 pm

Crazy Eyes wrote:I gave it a spin. I think its good base, but I would honestly like to see some more refinement with the overall feel of this mod.

I like the ships and the SAM icon seems fine, however the aircraft icons just aren't doing it for me. When I think 1961, I think Fail Safe-era warrooms and B-58 Hustlers. Also I think there are alot of files in the folder that could be done without. No need to include copies of default Defcon files, as the game will take care of those on its on.

Other than that, I think it has a lot of promise and its very good for your first mod.

Thanks, I respect your word.

I wasn´t sure with the aircraft, either. I just thought that, especially in the east, the majority of planes were still very much like in the WW2. For example, Russians still use the same Tupolev model today as in WW2 (mostly because it is a good design), although they have replaced the engines with jets.
Never trust a computer you can´t throw out a window.
-Steve Wozniak
Experiment632
level2
level2

Postby Experiment632 » Mon Apr 23, 2012 4:12 am

I know this thread has been down for sometime however I feel what I have to say will justify bumping this thread. For everyone wanting a Cold War mod, this is the mod to download. It still works! However since it was apparently meant for an early version of Defcon, the text file is a bit wonky. What I would recommend that when you download this mod that you keep ONLY the Graphic and Earth folders along with their contents as well as the Read Me and the Screenshot bmp file. You then place said files into a new folder marked "1961" in the main "Mods" folder. As for the original, you can either delete it or simply keep it as a backup on your computer or data disk, preferably not in the Defcon "Mods" file to prevent confusion or interruption. This solution works like a charm and it is one of my favorite mods, next to Defcon Modern Warfare and WarGames.

Return to “Mod Projects”