Canada Mod

Discuss your new mods and themes here

Moderator: Defcon moderators

GuavaMoment
level0

Canada Mod

Postby GuavaMoment » Sat Nov 08, 2008 5:17 am

I've notice one or two attempts at making a Canada mod here, none finished, so I decided to make one myself.

http://files.filefront.com/Canada101rar ... einfo.html

I have pictures and such in the first post of this thread on SomethingAwful. I think you can view it without registering right now. Even if you don't care about the mod, you might be interested in some of the videos we've made/are making.

Featuring:
From west to east – BC/Yukon, Alberta/Northwest Territories, Saskatchewan/Manitoba/Nunavut, Ontario, Quebec, Maritime Provinces (New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, PEI, Newfoundland and Labrador)
A navigable Hudson Bay!
(semi-)Realistic city placement!
A fully navigable Atlantic-Pacific Reach-Around!
Moose and Loon calls for appropriate ambiance!

Most of us are just learning to play DefCon, so suggestions and comments from more veteran players here would be appreciated on making the mod better. We've played the Canada mod a couple of times and found no crippling problems. The only complaint I've heard is that the Maritimes are a bit crowded, and some of the fleet placement could be moved, but I think of those as issues of geography and not exact my fault. The CPU is stupid too, but that's the way it always was.
GuavaMoment
level0

Postby GuavaMoment » Sun Nov 09, 2008 10:42 pm

We finally have some videos up.

Full length, Viddler
Edited, Viddler
Edited, Gamevee
ScorpionKing
level1
level1

Postby ScorpionKing » Mon Nov 10, 2008 7:23 am

You 2 clowns sound exactly like beavis & butthead in your long annoying Edited, Gamevee video.

Return to “Mod Projects”