Defcon + Uplink

Discuss your new mods and themes here

Moderator: Defcon moderators

Anonymous123445
level1
level1

Defcon + Uplink

Postby Anonymous123445 » Tue Apr 29, 2008 8:56 pm

I'm almost certain this has already been suggested but I'm not sure if it has been done. Since it has (I think) been suggested before, the reason for me doing it is to put it out in the open again. Now on to the idea...

I'm not sure if this is even possible but what would be cool is if you have 2 teams (at least) and then 2 sub-teams within those. The sub-teams would be Espionage or something like that, and the second would be Military or something like that. What the espionage peopel would try and do is, say, take over ships, destroy the other Espionage people, and try and screw up the other persons radar/screen so that he would be getting false information. For example, after a battle between another Espionage person on the other team (overloading his computer or something) he makes the enemys viewscreen look like his team-mate is firing nukes at him, or concealing the three battleships he has off of his east coast. You already know what Military does. The two problems I see with this is that 1)The game would be leaning more towards Espionage people and
2) That the Espionage people could just tell the Military people they are there. My solutions (probably bad) to this problem is to make it so that either the Military and ESpionage people could not be in communication together or that Espionage people on the other team can cut off communications between Military and Espionage. Also, for every attack one Espionage person makes the other person gets alerted and can try and stop him before or after he does it which I think would make the Espionage side a little more balanced. Bad thing is, the Espionage would have to work so hard that they'd just get bored and they would have way too much power.

So what I'm kinda asking for here are suggestions of how to fix these problems (then I will update post with correct information and who provided it) and once all problems seemed solved and game balanced hopefully someone who could make it. Also I on some other forums people would sayt "We won't make this, why don't you" or something similar, I haven't posted on these forums before so I'm not going to pass judgement on anyone. Hope this at least gets some attention.
Xocrates
level5
level5

Re: Defcon + Uplink

Postby Xocrates » Tue Apr 29, 2008 9:20 pm

Anonymous123445 wrote:"We won't make this, why don't you"

Expect to get a similar answer here. Now, you were unusually polite and showed some foresight in your post so I'll be polite and try not to discourage you.

Truth is that a) that's not possible to do (mod or otherwise) with current versions of the games and b) the chances of IV doing that is virtually nil. Which means that the game had to be made from scratch.

This poses a problem: either you personally get a dedicated team to work on that or people will not even give it a second look. Coming to a forum and asking "can someone do this for me?" is not going to get you anywhere.

As for the idea: similar suggestions pop up on occasion, although most people don't realize it is heavily flawed, something that you at least seem to be partially aware of.

In short: I have no idea on what to tell you.
Anonymous123445
level1
level1

Postby Anonymous123445 » Tue Apr 29, 2008 10:06 pm

So this is impossible unless I get an entire team working on it (unlikely) or IV works on it (infinitely more unlikely)?
Xocrates
level5
level5

Postby Xocrates » Tue Apr 29, 2008 10:20 pm

Pretty much.
Anonymous123445
level1
level1

Postby Anonymous123445 » Wed Apr 30, 2008 1:48 am

Ah well, also I don't think you can tell someone no (pretty much) and not disappoint them :)
(MOR)
level5
level5

Postby (MOR) » Wed Apr 30, 2008 2:14 am

Why not Terrorism as Espionage against Territories ?
Example : Terrorist steal Government Computer to make attack, or find infos and secret...
Anonymous123445
level1
level1

Postby Anonymous123445 » Wed Apr 30, 2008 3:30 am

I'm not sure if I understand you, but the point of the game would just be to get past the persons defenses and steal their computer?
(MOR)
level5
level5

Postby (MOR) » Wed Apr 30, 2008 3:39 am

What I mean is War (Defcon) against Organized Terrorism (Uplink)

Terrorist trying to steal secret documents and have full acces and control of Government Computers, to make an massive attack..
Anonymous123445
level1
level1

Postby Anonymous123445 » Wed Apr 30, 2008 8:03 pm

Okay, so one team has the missiles and the other has the technology to stop it? Kind of like offense vs. defense?
(MOR)
level5
level5

Postby (MOR) » Wed Apr 30, 2008 8:36 pm

Hackers(Uplink) steal secret documents to use them in the war(Defcon)

Example: N.I.T steal secret documents from USA and have access to silos orders, and full defense networking... N.I.T. sell this secrets to The Organized Terrorism El **** and Ir** to help them in the war against USA..

So the role of the hackers is to find secrets (Networking, Satellites, silos, subs, airbases position..) and sell them..

As a conclusion Uplink help Defcon in the War :D
Anonymous123445
level1
level1

Postby Anonymous123445 » Wed Apr 30, 2008 9:48 pm

Ok, so let me see if I have this straight (hopefully more so than the other two times) The Espionage (Uplink) part of it is on a completely separate team, and is pretty much neutral. What they do is find out if the people are sending planes, ships, nukes and where they are and can then sell them to the team they think will pay the most?
(MOR)
level5
level5

Postby (MOR) » Wed Apr 30, 2008 11:32 pm

Not that, sorry if I cant make you understand but just try, we have Uplink and Defcon, Uplink = Hackers and Defcon = War

The hackers help in the War by hacking networks, have access stealing secrets and sell them

Example: China give xxxxx $$ if you can know about US subs position or steal secret documents, shut down satellite...

So you have missions to do like in Uplink..
Anonymous123445
level1
level1

Postby Anonymous123445 » Wed Apr 30, 2008 11:48 pm

Ok, so like in Uplink there would be a missions place where people could post stuff for the Uplink people to do for money, and then the Uplink people do it and it helps the war people? Or is this just An Uplink mod you're talking about? Also, not your fault if its hard for me to understand, I'm just kinda thick-skulled. Or is it people don't have any war technology till the Uplink people steal it for them?
(MOR)
level5
level5

Postby (MOR) » Thu May 01, 2008 12:08 am

It just a thought no more, a kind of the collaboration between Uplink and Defcon :D
Anonymous123445
level1
level1

Postby Anonymous123445 » Thu May 01, 2008 1:09 am

Was I right? And if so, I think (not sure) that it would be the same (not the idea, the problems) as mine, I think that if someone were to do it they would have to implement the posting place, the hacking stuff, and the gaining of secrets thing. Of course, I'm not entirely sure about that but it seems kinda logical.

Return to “Mod Projects”