[MOD RELEASE] - Shattered UniCon

Discuss your new mods and themes here

Moderator: Defcon moderators

JaysonAych
level0

[MOD RELEASE] - Shattered UniCon

Postby JaysonAych » Sat Feb 16, 2008 9:17 am

Download it here!

Based on the map for the turn-based strategy game Shattered Union. In this mod, play as one of six factions battling to re-unify the former United States. Well, that's what you did in the Shattered Union game itself...in this mod, there's less "re-unifaction" and more "eradicating millions in nuclear hellfire."

So that no one's navies would get the short end of the stick, I removed the surrounding countries, so that the US just kind of floats in the ocean, with the background of SU's tactical map for the "water."

Enjoy!
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Sat Feb 16, 2008 5:05 pm

It looks like an interesting mod, though I must admit that, every time I see it, I read "Shattered Unicorn." :(

xander
JaysonAych
level0

Postby JaysonAych » Sat Feb 16, 2008 8:53 pm

Now that would be an interesting mod :D
Pox
level5
level5

Postby Pox » Sun Feb 17, 2008 12:58 am

Looks pretty good... may I suggest drawing in the borders using the modsuite rather than as part of an image? The pixelblur is fuglay. :(
JaysonAych
level0

Postby JaysonAych » Sun Feb 17, 2008 1:59 am

Pox wrote:Looks pretty good... may I suggest drawing in the borders using the modsuite rather than as part of an image? The pixelblur is fuglay. :(

I'd thought about it, though the state borders might get confused with the faction borders that way. I'll look into trying it and seeing how it appears.

I plan to continue to make little improvements to it here and there...
Pox
level5
level5

Postby Pox » Sun Feb 17, 2008 2:14 am

JaysonAych wrote:
Pox wrote:Looks pretty good... may I suggest drawing in the borders using the modsuite rather than as part of an image? The pixelblur is fuglay. :(

I'd thought about it, though the state borders might get confused with the faction borders that way. I'll look into trying it and seeing how it appears.

I plan to continue to make little improvements to it here and there...

Nah, don't think it'll be confusing - the unmodded game has country borders, not just faction borders ;)

Return to “Mod Projects”