Map modding question

Discuss your new mods and themes here

Moderator: Defcon moderators

JaysonAych
level0

Map modding question

Postby JaysonAych » Thu Jan 31, 2008 2:48 am

Hi...I recently purchased Defcon and downloaded the Modsuite and started tinkering with it. If this question has been answered elsewhere, I apologize, but I've spent much of my day browsing through the forums and haven't seen the answer to this yet...

I'm at work right now so I can't test some things out or refer to mods that have already been created, but I've noticed some mods that focus on a specific region, like the Japan map and the UK map. I'd imagine that for those to work properly, that something had to have been modified to keep those maps from wrapping into themselves like the default world map or it would lead to some strange missile arcs...missiles fired from Ireland flying west and suddenly appearing in the North Sea east of the UK. Is there a way to keep the map from wrapping like that, so that all of the missile arcs are contained within the map, so that they don't go off one side and come back in the other side?

Thanks in advance to anyone who can offer an answer...looking forward to creating some mods!
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Thu Jan 31, 2008 5:41 am

There is nothing that has been done to keep the map from scrolling. It can't be done within the limits of the modding system that IV has created. Sorry.

xander
JaysonAych
level0

Postby JaysonAych » Thu Jan 31, 2008 6:06 am

That's cool...I was just wondering if someone had devised a way around that...thanks for your response!
Pox
level5
level5

Postby Pox » Thu Jan 31, 2008 6:46 am

If you keep the non-sailable non-land (i.e. dead) zone wider than the actual map, the only way to go across the gap would be with aircraft... close. :P

Return to “Mod Projects”