MASSIVE NUCLEAR BLAST MOD

Discuss your new mods and themes here

Moderator: Defcon moderators

adamstrange
level1
level1

Postby adamstrange » Thu Nov 22, 2007 8:38 am

I will be updating it by adding a haunting wind after the rumble subsides.

By the way, how many of you guys play the game O.R.B ?

If anyone still does I'm working on a total skinning mod for that game.
Sixu
level1
level1

Postby Sixu » Sun Dec 30, 2007 1:53 am

I seriously love it. 8)
Xenomorph3000
level0

Postby Xenomorph3000 » Wed Feb 20, 2008 8:39 pm

Well, at first I'm new here. This mod would be really cool. But what have I to do so that this will work? I tried everythin but couldn't hear any explosion sound in the game???

Hope somebody can help me.
Ace Rimmer
level5
level5

Postby Ace Rimmer » Wed Feb 20, 2008 11:12 pm

KingAl wrote:<snip>
All you do is extract to your Defcon folder (C:\Program Files\Defcon\, or something like C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\common\Defcon), which will create a 'mods' folder in the Defcon directory, and then a folder within that for the mod.
<snip>

EDIT: zanzer's fixed it now, so just unzip it into your Defcon directory as above.

Read first page. :wink:

Also, are you "Activating" the mod in Defcon? If you've installed the mod correctly, it'll be listed on the Mod menu. If not, it will not appear.

Click on "Mods" in the main menu and then "Activate". You should then see "Active" next to the mods name. White ones are mods that you can use while playing anybody else. Red mods are restricted to only players all using the same mod, for example map mods.
Xenomorph3000
level0

Postby Xenomorph3000 » Thu Feb 21, 2008 7:29 am

Yes... I did exactly that, but couldn't hear anything. After installing the mod I can run the game normally and "activate" the mod but that changes nothing in the game. Then when I exit to windows and restart the game, I get an Error message and I can't run the game until I've deleted the "mods" folder.

What goes wrong there?
Feud
level5
level5

Postby Feud » Thu Feb 21, 2008 8:40 am

Xenomorph3000 wrote:Yes... I did exactly that, but couldn't hear anything. After installing the mod I can run the game normally and "activate" the mod but that changes nothing in the game. Then when I exit to windows and restart the game, I get an Error message and I can't run the game until I've deleted the "mods" folder.

What goes wrong there?

Are your speakers turned on?

Seriously though, perhaps your download is corrupted. What version of the game are you running, is it the standard version of the demoniacally possessed and soulless Steam version, and have you tried reinstalling it?
LordSturm
level4
level4

Postby LordSturm » Thu Feb 21, 2008 10:59 am

Is it possible some how to create a "silence" prior to the strike?

Gotta love that, silence then the BOOM which you expect, has much more of an effect than just the boom.
"Surely you didn't mean to press that button just then did you?"
"No, nor will i disarm the nukes."
"Oh well, I will have my Fighters shoot them down."
"Sure you will."
"Oh NOES, ITS BEEN PATCHED!!!"
Xenomorph3000
level0

Postby Xenomorph3000 » Thu Feb 21, 2008 12:15 pm

Feud wrote:
Xenomorph3000 wrote:Yes... I did exactly that, but couldn't hear anything. After installing the mod I can run the game normally and "activate" the mod but that changes nothing in the game. Then when I exit to windows and restart the game, I get an Error message and I can't run the game until I've deleted the "mods" folder.

What goes wrong there?

Seriously though, perhaps your download is corrupted. What version of the game are you running, is it the standard version of the demoniacally possessed and soulless Steam version, and have you tried reinstalling it?

My speakers are on :wink: . It's version 1.5 and I've tried to reinstall it several times. I'll make a screenshot of the error message today. Does an impact basicly make an explosion sound without any mod?
adamstrange
level1
level1

Postby adamstrange » Thu Feb 21, 2008 3:37 pm

Since I didn't like the original sounds of the game and at the time I had just recently bought it, I never learned how to set it up in a way to select it and deselect it from the mod menu.

So what I did was to permanently overwrite the original sounds and text files by putting them in the game's original MAIN and SOUNDS DAT.files.

If you like this mod but want to play it with all your other mods then this is the only way to do it.
Montyphy
level5
level5

Postby Montyphy » Thu Feb 21, 2008 3:47 pm

Xenomorph3000 wrote:
Feud wrote:

What goes wrong there?

My speakers are on :wink: . It's version 1.5 and I've tried to reinstall it several times. I'll make a screenshot of the error message today. Does an impact basicly make an explosion sound without any mod?

v1.5?
Uplink help: Check out the Guide or FAQ.
Latest Uplink patch is v1.55.
Ace Rimmer
level5
level5

Postby Ace Rimmer » Thu Feb 21, 2008 3:55 pm

adamstrange wrote:Since I didn't like the original sounds of the game and at the time I had just recently bought it, I never learned how to set it up in a way to select it and deselect it from the mod menu.

So what I did was to permanently overwrite the original sounds and text files by putting them in the game's original MAIN and SOUNDS DAT.files.

If you like this mod but want to play it with all your other mods then this is the only way to do it.

Not true. You can have multiple mods activated and working at the same time. I've never "deactivated" the ballistic sounds mod even while creating and testing other mods.

Edit: Can you tell us what the error is and if there's a blackbox.txt/debug.txt file in the Defcon folder?
Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast...
adamstrange
level1
level1

Postby adamstrange » Mon Nov 09, 2009 7:59 pm

I know its been around 2 years since I created this mod but I've been busy with other projects.

I will be updating the sound mod soon.

Return to “Mod Projects”