World Realism Mod

Discuss your new mods and themes here

Moderator: Defcon moderators

User avatar
Feud
level5
level5
Posts: 5149
Joined: Sun Oct 08, 2006 8:40 pm
Location: Blackacre, VA

Postby Feud » Wed Jul 04, 2007 1:11 am

torq wrote:
Feud wrote:As an added note of realism, if you play as anyone except for Russia then hit men will kill you for challenging Putin's authority. :D


Now we use Polonium for that :lol:


Lol, have it delivered to me via ICBM!
User avatar
torq
level3
level3
Posts: 399
Joined: Mon Oct 16, 2006 6:28 pm
Location: Moscow, Russia

Postby torq » Wed Jul 04, 2007 1:22 am

Feud wrote:
torq wrote:
Feud wrote:As an added note of realism, if you play as anyone except for Russia then hit men will kill you for challenging Putin's authority. :D


Now we use Polonium for that :lol:


Lol, have it delivered to me via ICBM!


We use sushi for that :) As deadly as ICBM :lol:
NMO
User avatar
BrianBlessed
level4
level4
Posts: 867
Joined: Sat Dec 24, 2005 9:33 pm

Postby BrianBlessed » Wed Jul 04, 2007 1:22 am

torq wrote:It's absolute nonsense from political points of view (firstly, China would never ally with Russia, sooner it'll invade Siberia and the Middle East will never ally with anyone :) ) but it can provide an interesting gameplay, so go draw a map.

I thought their relations were fairly good of late, well in respect to what they have been in the past. They both entered into those wargames a few years ago and to my memory both managed to refrain from killing each other.
User avatar
torq
level3
level3
Posts: 399
Joined: Mon Oct 16, 2006 6:28 pm
Location: Moscow, Russia

Postby torq » Wed Jul 04, 2007 7:11 am

BrianBlessed wrote:
torq wrote:It's absolute nonsense from political points of view (firstly, China would never ally with Russia, sooner it'll invade Siberia and the Middle East will never ally with anyone :) ) but it can provide an interesting gameplay, so go draw a map.

I thought their relations were fairly good of late, well in respect to what they have been in the past. They both entered into those wargames a few years ago and to my memory both managed to refrain from killing each other.


China has over a billion people and a large part of its territory is inhabitable. The territories right to the north of it are empty and are VERY rich with mineral resources and VERY low density of populatoin (I mean Siberia). It's only natural for China to yearn for it and so they do. Moreover, the Chinese children are taught at schools that Siberia historically just MUST be theirs. Russian/Chinese relations have turned to worse after Stalid had died in 1953. Their ideologies were no more the same and each side accused another one in deviations from the general communism theory. Now China and Russia have common interests, political, military and economical but that's all. I think USA is the only thing that holds them together. :) Still Putin does much on improving the relations and has achieved certain resutls. But talking of friendship or alliances is far too early.
NMO
User avatar
Dudeinacrate
level1
level1
Posts: 23
Joined: Mon Oct 09, 2006 8:50 pm
Location: Far as possible from N. Korea

Re: World Realism Mod

Postby Dudeinacrate » Thu Jul 12, 2007 9:07 pm

icet wrote:and there are five which are nuclear powers but not official:


1- India

2- Pakistan

3- North Korea

4- Israel

5- Iran



Iran?
Iran is miles from getting any form of atomic weapon technology, yet alone a version that is weaponisable (if thats a word).
North Korea has detonated a nuclear weapon, but in terms of yield and deployability they are in no way a true nuclear power.

And Feud, when he says "official" I think he means Nuclear Weapons States as recognised by the Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty.


I like the idea of this mod but within the limitations of Defcon I don't think this can be made that enjoyable. In a different game, like Civilization maybe, it could work though.
User avatar
KingAl
level5
level5
Posts: 4138
Joined: Sun Sep 10, 2006 7:42 am

Re: World Realism Mod

Postby KingAl » Fri Jul 13, 2007 7:12 am

Dudeinacrate wrote:Iran?
Iran is miles from getting any form of atomic weapon technology, yet alone a version that is weaponisable (if thats a word).


Quiet, you're ruining the propaganda on both sides!
Gentlemen, you can't fight in here: this is the War Room!
Ultimate Uplink Guide
Latest Patch
User avatar
paully_09
level0
Posts: 6
Joined: Sun Aug 05, 2007 10:17 am

Postby paully_09 » Wed Aug 08, 2007 8:09 am

I believe it is impossible to make it "realistic" because of the inequalities that exist between the nations, in the amount of weapons, population, and the size of the country.
F.A.H.E.S.
level1
level1
Posts: 30
Joined: Fri Nov 22, 2013 12:00 am
Contact:

Re: World Realism Mod

Postby F.A.H.E.S. » Sat Nov 23, 2013 4:51 am

If you make DEFCON truely realistic it would destroy the balancing and make the game unplayable.

This should be a game and no simulation.

Otherwise I likt to play "cws" ColdWarStyle (not the Mod!). A 1v1 custom style:

Game Mode: Custom
Score Mode: Default

Territories Per Team: 2
Cities Per Territory: 25
Population Per Territory: 100
City Populations: Default
Random Territories: No
Permit Defection: Yes
Game Speed: Slowest Requested
Slowest Speed: Real Time
Victory Trigger: 15
Victory Timer: 35
Variable Unit Counts: Disabled (some times enabled)
World Scale: 150
Spectator Chat Channel: Private
Team Switching: Disabled

And than 1 player choose NA and EU (NATO - light blue) and the other RU and SA (Warsaw Pact - red). And if you wish you add a KI wich plays Africa and Asia (green) and name him 3rd World.

We tried to play it with red as RU and Asia but this isn't balanced and only works without KI.
User avatar
Endless
level5
level5
Posts: 1342
Joined: Thu Nov 19, 2009 10:38 pm
Contact:

Re: World Realism Mod

Postby Endless » Sun Nov 24, 2013 1:11 am

Atta way. Bring up a 6 year old thread. We are so interested.
User avatar
111none
level4
level4
Posts: 971
Joined: Fri Oct 19, 2012 3:32 am
Location: Wangjing, Beijing, Peoples Republic of China

Re: World Realism Mod

Postby 111none » Thu Feb 20, 2014 2:34 pm

Dudeinacrate wrote:
icet wrote:and there are five which are nuclear powers but not official:


1- India

2- Pakistan

3- North Korea

4- Israel

5- Iran



Iran?
Iran is miles from getting any form of atomic weapon technology, yet alone a version that is weaponisable (if thats a word).
North Korea has detonated a nuclear weapon, but in terms of yield and deployability they are in no way a true nuclear power.

And Feud, when he says "official" I think he means Nuclear Weapons States as recognised by the Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty.


I like the idea of this mod but within the limitations of Defcon I don't think this can be made that enjoyable. In a different game, like Civilization maybe, it could work though.


The Democratic People's Republic Of Korea expresses disappointment at this attempt to demoralize our troops in the important fight against U.S. Imperialism. We politely ask you to refrain from propaganda material posting or else we will be forced to resort to GPS tracking your social networking location and removing this threat to our glorious nation.

Thank you,
Democratic People's Republic of Korea's Propaganda Divison
1023 Main Kijong-dong Road, Kijong-dong,P'yŏnghwa-ri, DPRK

Return to “Mod Projects”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests