Homegrown Dedicated Server: DedCon 1.6.0_svn1038

Discuss your new mods and themes here

Moderator: Defcon moderators

bert_the_turtle
level5
level5

Postby bert_the_turtle » Wed Nov 19, 2008 11:42 pm

Hmm, in that case: new build (svn976) is up with a bit of more debug information. Also new:

Code: Select all

- Fixed broken playback and removed sync error message
  that should be specific to Multiwinia
- added ForbidCeaseFire
(MOR)
level5
level5

Postby (MOR) » Thu Nov 20, 2008 12:24 am

Thanks it work fine now :D
bert_the_turtle
level5
level5

Postby bert_the_turtle » Thu Nov 20, 2008 12:34 am

But I did nothing to fix the bug... :? Oh well.
(MOR)
level5
level5

Postby (MOR) » Thu Nov 20, 2008 12:42 am

bert_the_turtle wrote:But I did nothing to fix the bug... :? Oh well.

Fixed broken playback and removed sync error message.
bert_the_turtle
level5
level5

Postby bert_the_turtle » Thu Nov 20, 2008 8:19 am

Ah, yes, that's fixed, but not the looping output/connection loss bug I could not reproduce.
sfericz
level5
level5

Postby sfericz » Thu Nov 20, 2008 4:04 pm

Is there any way to allow the forced alliance option to happen after the game has started? As a backup measure to ally anyone who hasn't done so yet.
(MOR)
level5
level5

Postby (MOR) » Thu Nov 20, 2008 4:46 pm

Thanks to add chatfilter.txt and chatfilter_swearwords.txt to the Windows Build :roll:
bert_the_turtle
level5
level5

Postby bert_the_turtle » Thu Nov 20, 2008 5:06 pm

sfericz: no, the ingame alliance system is too hard to reverse engineer. The basics are all right, but there are ugly corner case. Now, just BEFORE the game starts (when the territories are selected), that would be possible.

MOR: whoops :)
Gulidar
level4
level4

Postby Gulidar » Tue Dec 16, 2008 4:55 pm

Hello, thanks for awesome job we all are using for a long long time(well, i think i have never said it before).

Here comes the question: is there any way to make private chat appear in recordings? I mean, looking at black window with white symbols is great way of spectrating game when you want to read private chat but not really the best :) Maybe there can be some recording-only bot who will say private messages to chat or something?

If there is some way - will you do it some day then?
What is the death of one world in the cause of purity?
bert_the_turtle
level5
level5

Postby bert_the_turtle » Tue Dec 16, 2008 11:03 pm

Heh, I didn't know private chat was echoed on the console during playback :) But yes, since it apparently isn't considered a global secret, private chat could be echoed to spectators or recording watchers. I added a feature request to the database: http://dedcon.net:8000/dedcon/ticket/97
Gulidar
level4
level4

Postby Gulidar » Tue Dec 16, 2008 11:15 pm

Priority: minor

:evil:

Thanks i mean :)
What is the death of one world in the cause of purity?
bert_the_turtle
level5
level5

Postby bert_the_turtle » Thu Dec 18, 2008 8:14 pm

Heh :) Since it's the only pending feature request (well, there's improvement suggestions for forced alliances from sfericz not entered into the system because I'm still pondering them), the priority means squat :)

Build 997 is up for non-Macs with smaller fixes. Players should no longer find themselves named "Vanished", registered admins now can rename as spectators even if spectator chat is private and ServerIP now works properly.
trickser
level5
level5

Postby trickser » Thu Dec 18, 2008 8:52 pm

Hello, i have a feature request. I would like to do custom /chat_commands. I want a script listening to the output of dedcon and then do something when it sees /my_custom_command as a chat message. But currently the ingame chat doesnt appear in the dedcon output, maybe for a good reason.
I want dedcon to have a whitelist of words it will output in the console window and maybe not sending a private message about unknown command.

Well, maybe i have missed a possibility to achieve this with the current dedcon, then pointing this out would be nice.

regards
bert_the_turtle
level5
level5

Postby bert_the_turtle » Thu Dec 18, 2008 9:47 pm

Hmm, adding a flag that tells Dedcon to log unrecognized chat commands to someplace (or passing them to an external command) instead of indicating an error message certainly would be doable, but actually doing stuff on that in your script could be tricky without adding lots of other interfaces. What would you have in mind?
trickser
level5
level5

Postby trickser » Thu Dec 18, 2008 10:05 pm

I thought about a /save command for the ladder server to end the game (majority vote) and prevent the recording being avaliable for download, or an chat across multiple server, or finding players on other servers to organize Ladder games more easiely. And to have something more to play with in general. :)

I would capture the output of the dedcon session to recieve all information i need.

A more sophisticated interface would be better of cource, like calling a script and passing the command ,keyid ,playername, gametime and gamestate to it.
But i thought if i propose a change as simple as possible, it would be more likely you are going to implement it :)

Return to “Mod Projects”