Reinstalling

Technical Support for all Defcon related issues

Moderator: Defcon moderators

Dragoon47
level0

Reinstalling

Postby Dragoon47 » Thu Jul 10, 2008 6:32 am

If I uninstall the game off of another computer, say my laptop, I can reinstall it onto my home PC right? Just wondering because some of my games do not allow me to reinstall it once the cd-key has been authenticated.
"A risky victory is much better than certain defeat."-Sean Bongiovanni.
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Thu Jul 10, 2008 6:38 am

You can install DEFCON on as many machines as you like, without uninstalling it from any of those machines. The only difference between the full version (for which you are required to pay) and the demo version is an authentication key. Install the demo, enter a key, and you have the full version. Thus, when you install DEFCON, you really only install the demo version -- it is the key that is important.

As to using the same key on multiple computers, that isn't a problem either unless (a) you try to use the same key on two computers at the same time, in which case the later computer will revert to the demo version or (b) you try to use one key on many, many computers, in which case IV will assume that they key has been shared between lots of people, and your key will be revoked.

xander
Dragoon47
level0

Postby Dragoon47 » Thu Jul 10, 2008 8:31 am

Oh, so as long as the game isn't running at the same time with the same key then it's fine. Thanks for the help.
"A risky victory is much better than certain defeat."-Sean Bongiovanni.

Return to “Windows Troubleshooting”