1v1 computer guide only by dirttodust.

In-depth tactical discussion on how to lose the least

Moderator: Defcon moderators

dirttodust
level0

1v1 computer guide only by dirttodust.

Postby dirttodust » Wed Sep 02, 2009 6:41 am

Ok now this will be a simple guide for new players who are having trouble beating the computer.I will make it as simple as possible.

Step 1: First note that this works well with big world. Ok take half of your nukes and put them somewhere off to the side AWAY from your citys. Take the other and put them in a different spot also far away from the citys. This means puting silos on the islands leading to Greenland if you're N.America.
Step 2: By this time you should still be in Defcon 5. Like silos also put your airbases away from the major citys.
Step 3:Fleets, most likely the most important part of Defcon. Get groups of ALL subs. Have these move away from your enemy. Same rule. with carriers have these move as far away from the enemy as possible. Then you should only have battleships left. Use these to attack the incoming enemy navy while your subs and carriers get away. Keep this in a place far far away from the battle like if your fighting Russia with N.America hide your ships in the mid Atlantic or Indian Ocean.
Step 4: Wait until Defcon 3. Use your battleships which should still be at your coast to fight off the enemy's navy.
Step 5: Wait again until Defcon 1. Once you see the enemy launching nukes wait until you an see them streaming down your radar. Then using your silos
aim for the enemy's silos that are launching at you. DO NOT I REPEAT DO NOT USE YOUR SUBS OR CARRIERS OR AIRBASES YET!!!
Step 6: After the dust settles check and see what you have left. Get your carriers to launch fighters around them to scout. If its safe move as close as possible to the enemy's coast. With the subs move with the carriers. AVOID CONTACT WITH ENEMY SHIPS! YOU WILL NOT WIN!! Ok once you are within striking range of your enemy's major citys launch your bombers at the one with the biggest population that you can hit. While your bombers are rearming use the subs to strike the other citys while always going for the city with the biggest population. (example I hit Moscow and now Leningrad has a higher population than Moscow. I would then strike Leningrad until another city has a bigger population.) Keep on doing this until you run out of nukes.
Step 7: By now the victory timer should have started. If you are ahead with nukes left sure go crazy and launch everything. If your are behind with nukes also go crazy except go for the biggest remaining citys. If you dont have nukes then wait until the timer runs out.
Step 8: Cross your fingers because it going to be close. Please reply its my firt post. :D
Last edited by dirttodust on Fri Sep 04, 2009 1:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Schubdüse
level5
level5

Postby Schubdüse » Wed Sep 02, 2009 8:33 am

Step 9: Forget the CPU and start to play against humans. :wink:

Dear dirttodust,
welcome to the forum. It was hilarious to read your post. Believe me, the CPU is the dumbest opponent, besides Ace Rimmer, (MOR), Nightwatch or Senator 8), you can face. 8)

dirttodust wrote:AVOID CONTACT WITH ENEMY SHIPS! YOU WILL NOT WIN!!

Against CPU ships? :shock: You definitely need naval battle training. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Pm me if you would like to have a friendly 1vs1. Where you from?
Last edited by Schubdüse on Wed Sep 02, 2009 10:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
trickser
level5
level5

Postby trickser » Wed Sep 02, 2009 8:40 am

Yes, welcome :)
Its so cute to see your 1st post is already a guide :D

Cant wait for your 2nd.
Schubdüse
level5
level5

Postby Schubdüse » Wed Sep 02, 2009 10:13 am

Hey Senator, after checking the lifetime ratings I had to edit my previous post. :wink:
Vorsprung durch Kraft - Triebwerke saugen - Präzisionsarbeit... Schubdüse.
dirttodust
level0

Postby dirttodust » Thu Sep 03, 2009 12:47 am

Schubdüse wrote:Step 9: Forget the CPU and start to play against humans. :wink:

Dear dirttodust,
welcome to the forum. It was hilarious to read your post. Believe me, the CPU is the dumbest opponent, besides Ace Rimmer, (MOR), Nightwatch or Senator 8), you can face. 8)

dirttodust wrote:AVOID CONTACT WITH ENEMY SHIPS! YOU WILL NOT WIN!!

Against CPU ships? :shock: You definitely need naval battle training. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Pm me if you would like to have a friendly 1vs1. Where you from?

It was meant as a newbie trainer ;) I can easily beat the computer. I still need help with humans. Oh by the way my Defcon name is lethal addiction or USSR.
I like McDonalds...
dirttodust
level0

Postby dirttodust » Thu Sep 03, 2009 12:48 am

also by the way I am from Louisiana. Also thanks everyone for giving me such a warm welcome :)
I like McDonalds...
dirttodust
level0

Postby dirttodust » Thu Sep 03, 2009 1:00 am

trickser wrote:Yes, welcome :)
Its so cute to see your 1st post is already a guide :D

Cant wait for your 2nd.

I am thinking about a tips and tricks thing for diplomacy. By the way I actually read alot of the posts on the forum before I registered it seems like its the same people who post in things like xander or shinygerbal. :lol:
DTNC Vicious
Site Admin

Postby DTNC Vicious » Thu Sep 03, 2009 1:22 am

Welcome to the forums as well
-Vic
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Thu Sep 03, 2009 2:43 am

dirttodust wrote:I am thinking about a tips and tricks thing for diplomacy. By the way I actually read alot of the posts on the forum before I registered it seems like its the same people who post in things like xander or shinygerbal. :lol:

I have played Defcon very little since the beta. Thus, anything I say is likely to no longer be relevant. The game has changed a lot in the last few years. The same may be true of shinygerbil.

xander
dirttodust
level0

A note.

Postby dirttodust » Fri Sep 04, 2009 1:15 am

People I would just like to remind you that this is a guide for newbies. This is not a guide for online matches,but if you want to use the guide and see if you win or not. I would also like to say that people who cant beat the computer yet please use this guide and post how it works out.
I like McDonalds...
funami
level0

Postby funami » Thu Jul 15, 2010 8:33 pm

lol i crushed the cpu in a 1v1 in turni was so easy. as far as the navy goes keep the Battle Ships in the front line subs use as sneak attack carriers use behind Battle ships ur navy alone will own the cpu well it does for me.
P.S going 1v1 on Cpu is best for trying out new Tactics.
tllotpfkamvpe
level5
level5

Postby tllotpfkamvpe » Thu Jul 15, 2010 10:02 pm

Last edited by tllotpfkamvpe on Fri Feb 24, 2023 7:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nightwatch
level5
level5

Postby Nightwatch » Fri Jul 16, 2010 7:34 am

:mrgreen:

As Mrmot put it:

Return to “Strategic Air Command”