General Strategy Suggestions?

In-depth tactical discussion on how to lose the least

Moderator: Defcon moderators

Jhett
level0

General Strategy Suggestions?

Postby Jhett » Wed Nov 26, 2008 10:35 am

Hey, I've had the game since...either early this year or late last year, but at the time I didn't have internet and lost interest in this game fairly quickly (although I figured it'd rock online). So now I'm probably going to start back up and try it out online. I was just wondering if anyone had any general strategies that they would like to suggest for a nub, whether they are obvious mistakes to seasoned veterans that new people always make, or something more advanced. I know the only way to get good is to play and learn, but some general advice would be a good boost. Thanks.
Pwnbroker
level2
level2

Postby Pwnbroker » Wed Nov 26, 2008 12:01 pm

Best advice is to search the forum for strategy and tactics. There are great threads but you've got to search. A fair bit of repeat topic posting, etc. So search and learn. You can also spec games with experienced players, that can be helpful and will hurt less to watch someone else lose. Just remember, everyone gets pwnd so get in there and play. It is the best way to learn. Enjoy.
trickser
level5
level5

Postby trickser » Wed Nov 26, 2008 12:05 pm

Most basic advices:
Dont mix fleets, dont do fleet groups bigger then 4. Place your silos close together for strong point defence and tight packed silo launches.
Dont place instalments near your border, where your enemy can see them with his radar.
Use this technic for bomber runs.

Older topic with lot of links.
How to win a 6 player default game.
Jhett
level0

Postby Jhett » Wed Nov 26, 2008 12:28 pm

thanks for the links, they are very helpful. I did a search but couldn't find any gems like these. Shoulda been more thorough maybe...?
T-95
level2
level2

Postby T-95 » Wed Nov 26, 2008 1:08 pm

Play. On. DedCon. Servers. Saves you from getting a headache when someone shuts down his server for no apparent reason.
Gulidar
level4
level4

Postby Gulidar » Wed Nov 26, 2008 3:00 pm

Just watch the games. Big number of games.
What is the death of one world in the cause of purity?

Return to “Strategic Air Command”