Idiots... or what?

In-depth tactical discussion on how to lose the least

Moderator: Defcon moderators

torq
level3
level3

Idiots... or what?

Postby torq » Tue Nov 18, 2008 9:00 pm

Recently I've been seeing people allied with another player just nuking their ally's cities instead of fighting the enemy.
It usually takes place on the 2v2 servers so defection is disabled. Nevertheless they just surface their subs at Defcon 1 and launch everything they've got onto their ally.
Then they destroy silos, airbases, radars - everything. At this point their victim usually leaves the game leaving the other team with a CPU and that idiot. His score at this point is far below zero and continuing the game is pointless.

I wonder is that some new way to ruin games or did I miss something?
NMO
sfericz
level5
level5

Postby sfericz » Tue Nov 18, 2008 9:16 pm

Do you know the players name and which server you saw this on?
bert_the_turtle
level5
level5

Postby bert_the_turtle » Tue Nov 18, 2008 9:36 pm

Also, do all the coop servers remind the players that defection is disabled before defcon1 hits? Several times? That may stop the moderately idiotic subset of people doing that :)
torq
level3
level3

Postby torq » Tue Nov 18, 2008 9:55 pm

Unfortunately I was too pissed off to remember his name. But the server DID remind it. Moreover, he didn't stop seeing that is score is going down. He was doing that deliberately.
NMO
(MOR)
level5
level5

Postby (MOR) » Tue Nov 18, 2008 10:09 pm

Hehe, not bad than the last time, I was Demo and waiting for one more to start the game, a Demo Player join and says "mor please I will play" I let him my place and I join the game as full Player, Defcon3 he tell me in Private about his ally silos position and his ships.. After he asking me to cease with him fire. I explain him that is a kind of cheat and there is no Dilplomacy mode to share with me info.. He said that he know that but he dont like his ally..

So many Players join games just for abusing the others no more.. And they have fun from it.
Teddy Coalition
level2
level2

Postby Teddy Coalition » Wed Dec 03, 2008 1:57 am

Yeah, the first week of playing the game I did that, well, tried, but there was a mod observing it and explained to me that it's against the rules, and you can get banned from that server for that. (Like they said.) luckly i only nuked 1 city, and in response my team member nuked my 2 subs... :(
Eitherway, I learned to NOT DO IT in 2v2 matches!!!

So if u see anyone doing it, take a screenie, jott down the server name and game number... ?
and SQUEEL! :twisted:

Return to “Strategic Air Command”