Fair territory matchups

In-depth tactical discussion on how to lose the least

Moderator: Defcon moderators

(MOR)
level5
level5

Postby (MOR) » Tue Nov 18, 2008 9:46 pm

bert_the_turtle wrote:Two is not much of a sample :)

Hehe, until now I played 5 games and they was all differents, last was me at Africa between Mojox"Asia" and ForverYoung "SA" but I felt that setup not fair :|

sfericz wrote:...Since they can't choose their color when alliance is selected for them. But thats the only negative response I've seen so far...

They can choose color or change color even when alliance is selected for them..
bert_the_turtle
level5
level5

Postby bert_the_turtle » Tue Nov 18, 2008 10:39 pm

MOR: Heh, well, the discussion about which 2vs2 setup is fair and which isn't isn't finished yet :) The current sample file just implements the suggestion I-Forgot-Who made just to avoid total direct North-vs-South conflicts. Where was your partner?

Also, yes, if the alliance setup already conforms to the restrictions, nothing is changed (or it's a bug); so people can unready and switch colours around as they wish.
Last edited by bert_the_turtle on Tue Nov 18, 2008 10:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gulidar
level4
level4

Postby Gulidar » Tue Nov 18, 2008 10:41 pm

I just hope this thing will be optional and players in the lobby will be able to turn it off. By voting, for example. The hand of the Random guides all.
What is the death of one world in the cause of purity?
(MOR)
level5
level5

Postby (MOR) » Tue Nov 18, 2008 10:49 pm

bert_the_turtle wrote:MOR: Heh, well, the discussion about which 2vs2 setup is fair and which isn't isn't finished yet :) The current sample file just implements the suggestion I-Forgot-Who made just to avoid total direct North-vs-South conflicts. Where was your partner?

My ally was EU and was not so good to cover even him self, and I was obliged to put all my silos between Morocco and Tunisia if not I get scoted from the both sides..

I put two airbase in SAfrica to reloaded my fighters but I waste them at Defcon 1 and no way to reloaded fighters from Algeria..

Gulidar wrote:I just hope this thing will be optional and players in the lobby will be able to turn it off. By voting, for example. The hand of the Random guides all.

Yep nice point or having two servers one Default and one with the new feature.

Return to “Strategic Air Command”