In-depth tactical discussion on how to lose the least

Moderator: Defcon moderators

Feud
level5
level5

Bully, and a 16 hour game

Postby Feud » Sat Mar 08, 2008 8:42 am

Two games of note tonight for me:

1) I've gotten my roommate into the game, he downloaded the demo today and so is still getting his feet wet. As chance would have it I joined the same game he did (didn't realize it at first), and when I joined a guy by the name of Spin Tite (I think) was making being a jerk to him. Now, I feel that we need to look after the [DEMO]NEWPLAYER's out there, and I especially didn't like that he was picking on my roommate, so I decided I would teach him a lesson.

He ended up as Europe and I was NA. I decided that I wasn't in it to win, just crush him, so I put everything into the Atlantic and quickly steamrolled his fleet. As soon as Def. 1 hit I launched a full bomber, sub, and silo attack, knocking out all of his airfields, and five of his silos before they could even launch (the sixth got a shot or two off before I toasted it). He started whining about how I was wasting nukes, since by this point his involvement in the game had ended, but as the other players were happy to point out to him he finished well below everyone (I somehow pulled a 1st).

I don't like bullies.

2) Played against some guy named RBT6, or something like that on Dedcon1. The game ended up going over sixteen game hours, and included what I consider to be my greatest naval comeback. I'll save who won for those who watch these things, brownie points for anyone who picks up on the new tactic I've been testing out (hint: it's very out of the ordinary for me).
Pox
level5
level5

Re: Bully, and a 16 hour game

Postby Pox » Sat Mar 08, 2008 8:48 am

Feud wrote:brownie points for anyone who picks up on the new tactic I've been testing out (hint: it's very out of the ordinary for me).

Wow, it's so hard... I've watched the first 2 minutes of the recording and can't tell at all... is it.. winning? *hides*
Feud
level5
level5

Postby Feud » Sat Mar 08, 2008 8:52 am

Oops, posted this in the wrong section, mean this to be in Debrief. Sorry guys. :cry:

Wow, it's so hard... I've watched the first 2 minutes of the recording and can't tell at all... is it.. winning?

While winning is out of the ordinary for me, it isn't a tactic so much as a result of a tactic.
Pox
level5
level5

Postby Pox » Sat Mar 08, 2008 8:57 am

Hmm... do I get real brownies if I give you the real answer? Chocolate sounds good to me. :)
Feud
level5
level5

Postby Feud » Sat Mar 08, 2008 9:00 am

Pox wrote:Hmm... do I get real brownies if I give you the real answer? Chocolate sounds good to me. :)

Nope, no real brownies, I've spent enough money this week.
All American Mobster
level4
level4

Postby All American Mobster » Sat Mar 08, 2008 9:09 am

Feud wrote:
Pox wrote:Hmm... do I get real brownies if I give you the real answer? Chocolate sounds good to me. :)

Nope, no real brownies, I've spent enough money this week.

Virtual brownies :wink:

-$tanley

Return to “Strategic Air Command”