No votes
Nuke Russia. From the Indian.
69%

Total votes: 13
Ace Rimmer
level5
level5

Postby Ace Rimmer » Fri Feb 08, 2008 6:30 pm

Tripper wrote:PS - I was on the phone when the next posts happened ... my response above assumes leaving the pacific completely unchallenged ... although another idea to piss off SA would be to send a 24 ships + c. 6 subs strike force west in to the middle of the pacific at DEFCON 5 (to try to outflank any "picket line"), then rush it towards Mexico at DEFCON 3 - that's something that the Russian can't do vs the Star!

Leaving the Pacific unchallenged is only wise if you keep your ground units out of fighter range. Cause you'll need 90m+ kills win for sure.

Trying to outflank won't work usually because you'll be sending bb's into carrier radar and they'll see you coming. Also, players like me always send scout bb's to those areas to get a general idea of fleet placement. Even if none of that happens, a single fighter could uncover such a plan and by the time your fleet arrived, SA could be positioned against it already.

In my opinion, if you want to take full control of the pacific, you must do one of two things. A. Place moments before Defcon 3 and then rush forward surprising the other player. B. Place at defcon 5 and rush forward. However, in this case you run the risk of him/her placing bb's on top of your carriers. Any other way will (in most cases I'd assume) just end up being a good old naval fight.

Lastly, the key to a harassment fleet would be to keep them alive and strong enough to pose a possible threat (even if it's a fake one) to launching subs. That is, keep your bombers alive till then. If you're attacking SA from *west, north, and east all at the same time, you'd might be surprised at how long you can hold off a launch. At the very least disrupt it. It's like naval nuking, you don't have to actually kill ships to be successful.

West, small harassment fleet arrives/engages in combat just before defcon 1
North, let SA spend a bunch of fighters trying to scout, hold yours back and then use your larger number to your advantage when the harassment fleet kicks in
East, come defcon 3, large fleet engages and counter scouts SA.

In case you missed it, you don't always have to be strong, just appear strong to confuse, delay, and/or disrupt enemy plans/movements.
Last edited by Ace Rimmer on Fri Feb 08, 2008 6:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast...
White--Rabbit
level4
level4

Postby White--Rabbit » Fri Feb 08, 2008 6:30 pm

You would be able to see it coming and counter it with bombers and other fleet units. In your senario tripper it becomes a battle of navies and SA would still be better off because of positioning of the subs under mexico. In order to blitz 24 ships effectivly you would have to have a inexperience player playing SA who is unaware of the potential of land based aircraft destroying entire navies (Something i have done against experienced 1v1 players (MOR and PnL to name 2)). You dont need to use strong tactical skills to defeat NA playing as SA (as our 2 games have proved tripper). And if USA looses their fleet in any significant way, the game is over and SA wins.
rus|Mike
level5
level5

Postby rus|Mike » Fri Feb 08, 2008 6:31 pm

Ive done this twice with cpu and was succesfull both time

:wink:

What does that mean mr mikey

To cut the story short: you will not recon my silos and I will recon yours before Defcon 1 and will have some stuff in range to take care about them if you launch. The way you played it against Tripper has no future.

EDIT:
Your debates sound ridiculus, rabbit. No matter what you say/proove you don't stand much chance against me or Ace if you play it the way you did so far.
Ace Rimmer
level5
level5

Postby Ace Rimmer » Fri Feb 08, 2008 6:39 pm

In any case, I think the stats certainly bear out what we already knew (and what I voted for :wink:). At 8-0, Asia is the undisputed king of 1v1 against Russia. While it's not impossible to beat the Star, the odds are so far against you that it might as well be. :wink: NA has a much higher chance of success against SA than Russia does against the Star of India.

dty, Hyperion, Feud, Radiant C., Xocrates (having been told of my plans), Peace and Love are all victims. In fact, I'm the only person to my knowledge to ever defeat the Star (agianst PnL) and she was kinda sloppy with it cause it was the 2nd attempt and I pushed her to let me try again. In short, there is no know well played Star that has ever been defeated by Russia. And that number is well above eight wins. :wink:
White--Rabbit
level4
level4

Postby White--Rabbit » Fri Feb 08, 2008 6:41 pm

rus|Mike wrote:
Ive done this twice with cpu and was succesfull both time

:wink:

What does that mean mr mikey

To cut the story short: you will not recon my silos and I will recon yours before Defcon 1 and will have some stuff in range to take care about them if you launch. The way you played it against Tripper has no future.

EDIT:
Your debates sound ridiculus, rabbit. No matter what you say/proove you don't stand much chance against me or Ace if you play it the way you did so far.

Then put ur money where ur unbelievably big mouth is and lets play. Im willing to suck up the loss......r u mr mikey???

Ill be in the duel server
Ace Rimmer
level5
level5

Postby Ace Rimmer » Fri Feb 08, 2008 6:44 pm

Heh, that's the spirit! Too bad I'm at work or I'd watch/and or play.
White--Rabbit
level4
level4

Postby White--Rabbit » Fri Feb 08, 2008 6:45 pm

Ace Rimmer wrote:Heh, that's the spirit! Too bad I'm at work or I'd watch/and or play.

hehehe thanks acey :wink: and im waiting mikey

No mikey at the server yet :(
rus|Mike
level5
level5

Postby rus|Mike » Fri Feb 08, 2008 7:03 pm

Who said I'm playing/can play at all? :shock: I don't feel any need to prrove my skills to low-skill players: simple logic works here Hyperion couldn't do it (even more than once) => you have no chance, knowing that your's and Hyp's skills can't be even compared.
Ace Rimmer
level5
level5

Postby Ace Rimmer » Fri Feb 08, 2008 7:05 pm

rus|Mike wrote:Who said I'm playing/can play at all? :shock: I don't feel any need to prrove my skills to low-skill players: simple logic works here Hyperion couldn't do it (even more than once) => you have no chance, knowing that your's and Hyp's skills can't be even compared.
:cry:
White--Rabbit
level4
level4

Postby White--Rabbit » Fri Feb 08, 2008 7:07 pm

rus|Mike wrote:Who said I'm playing/can play at all? :shock: I don't feel any need to prrove my skills to low-skill players: simple logic works here Hyperion couldn't do it (even more than once) => you have no chance, knowing that your's and Hyp's skills can't be even compared.

Sounds like one of your many excuses mikey. Keep up the good work and you are the most beatable person out of the top 4. Mojo was right u are a complete chicken shit. Is this an attribute of russians in general
rus|Mike
level5
level5

Postby rus|Mike » Fri Feb 08, 2008 7:09 pm

Ace you know not worse than me that if I start playing against everyone who questions my skills I'm not going to have any time even for sleep. In other words rabbit has no skill required yet :( he had far too many chances already.
White--Rabbit
level4
level4

Postby White--Rabbit » Fri Feb 08, 2008 7:12 pm

rus|Mike wrote:Ace you know not worse than me that if I start playing against everyone who questions my skills I'm not going to have any time even for sleep. In other words rabbit has no skill required yet :( he had far too many chances already.

Mr. Mikey..... We've only ever played twice in 1v1. Thats not to many chances and i believe the last game we had was alot closer than you liked.

Mr Mikey YOU ARE A COMPLETE CHICKEN SHIT

EDIT: I have never questioned ur skills at defcon mikey. Ur just the most beatable out of the top 4
Last edited by White--Rabbit on Fri Feb 08, 2008 7:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ace Rimmer
level5
level5

Postby Ace Rimmer » Fri Feb 08, 2008 7:13 pm

Nobody is questioning your skills. WR is just saying that he can win as SA using his strategy. :wink: Also, who needs sleep? This is thermonuclear war!
rus|Mike
level5
level5

Postby rus|Mike » Fri Feb 08, 2008 7:14 pm

No, rabbit I'm not going to lower myself to your level and answer your insults. In other words you think that your opinion/yourself are significant to me enough to make me lose my time. But proving something to a person whose opinion is of no importance to me is the last thing I'm going to do.
White--Rabbit
level4
level4

Postby White--Rabbit » Fri Feb 08, 2008 7:17 pm

Ace Rimmer wrote:Nobody is questioning your skills. WR is just saying that he can win as SA using his strategy. :wink: Also, who needs sleep? This is thermonuclear war!

No No No Im not saying my statagy will work against every player. All i ever said is that I like th SA v NA setup better that the Asia v Russia. And if Mikey would read all of the post, he would see that I wanted to have a go at either Mikey, Hyp, mojo or u mr Ace. I think its that Russian Inferiority complex getting to mikey again

Return to “Strategic Air Command”