Your Most Bold/Arrogant Tactic Attempted

In-depth tactical discussion on how to lose the least

Moderator: Defcon moderators

Hyperion
level5
level5

Your Most Bold/Arrogant Tactic Attempted

Postby Hyperion » Thu Jan 17, 2008 7:17 pm

Simple thread :) ...you don't have time for a long game? :P ...can't be bothered playing a game you've started anymore? :? ...think your opponent easily beaten? :roll: what ballsy...arrogant manoeuvre have you tried? :wink:

Objective:

To send every bomber i have over EU (playing as Asia), all SRBM's armed and simultaneously either a) inflict serious civilian casualties or b) take out silos and scout the territory.

Objective Status: FAILED

I had little time for a long game but still wanted to play :) so whilst trying to get (MOR) to unlock a dedcon duel server to allow a CPU opponent :roll: , we were visited upon by RazorJack (using his French equivalent). So i thought...why not :wink: .

Setting Up:

Mid-flight:

I managed serious civilian casualties but lost ALL of my bombers to very accurate aerial nuking and fighters :roll:

Whilst trying to keep the 'Strategic Command' thread more active :roll: what brave if not stupid tactics have you tried to get away with? :wink:
ynbniar
level5
level5

Postby ynbniar » Thu Jan 17, 2008 7:28 pm

Winning at variable unit diplomacy without placing any units other than subs...and declaring yourself neutral...

...haven't tried this for ages...very rarely last but never made it to 1st place...think the best I did was 3rd... :wink:

p.s. not my idea this...saw someone else try it...
Ace Rimmer
level5
level5

Postby Ace Rimmer » Thu Jan 17, 2008 8:23 pm

Hmm, I'll have to think about this one, but I remember inaugurating Church in a game once. I was USSR, he was Europe, and I we were allied. I think it was a 1v1v1... :roll:. Anyway, I turned all my bombers southward over Norway and told him I was gonna take out (insert forgotten player here). Then, as the bombers were over Europe, I just emptied all of them on his installations and cities. JESUS was spectating.

As far as diplomacy goes, I've played without silos as Africa but by mistake. First time with variable credits and I maxed out on radar first. D'oh! Also, most every game I play of diplomacy I open up all six silos on one of my allies and commence to nuking his installations. Just ask countermsmurf. :wink:.
Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast...
All American Mobster
level4
level4

Postby All American Mobster » Thu Jan 17, 2008 8:29 pm

Um, when I launched all my nukes on the borders of Europe and Africa (the only continents playing) and only about 5 got thru. It was a sad game

-$tanley
Feud
level5
level5

Postby Feud » Thu Jan 17, 2008 11:27 pm

Mine would probably be the time I got really bored and decided to experiment, and first developed the Suisilo tactic.

Africa and Russia both started freaking out the minute that radar came up, and flooded me with questions and denouncements (that I was some how not playing correctly). Meanwhile I was sweating it out in the Atlantic hoping that, if nothing else, I didn't embarrass myself too much.
caranthir.pkk
level3
level3

Postby caranthir.pkk » Fri Jan 18, 2008 1:37 pm

Going offline for an hour in a diplomacy game, coming back and having won the game. :o
Pox
level5
level5

Postby Pox » Fri Jan 18, 2008 6:21 pm

caranthir.pkk wrote:Going offline for an hour in a diplomacy game, coming back and having won the game. :o

Always happens... everyone who's still there focus on each other and someone who's left/afk/dead infrastructure wins. :P
skull13
level3
level3

Postby skull13 » Sat Jan 19, 2008 4:07 pm

The ultimate "a**hole tactic": Bombing an ally without changing alliances after turning off cease fire.
Its funny as hell, I get creamed afterwards though.
Razorjack
level2
level2

Postby Razorjack » Sat Jan 19, 2008 6:33 pm

The most arrogant/idiot game i played was 2 days ago against Mike the russian :P
He got Africa and i got Asia. The game started perfectly for me, i was lucky enough to get recon over all his battleships right at defcon3 :D . Moreover he could only see 2 of mine (the scout ones :wink:).

OBJECTIVE : Destroy his battleships with massive bomber launch. Then carrier with fighters. And then, RULE THE WORLD ! mwuahaha ! :twisted:

OBJECTIVE STATUS : FAILED

After a hard struggle, i managed to destroy all his fleet and bombers. I even had 5 subs left, full silos, bombers left in my carriers. And the cherry over the cake (french proverb) : recon over his silos since he used them ! "How could you loose such a game !??" people would ask.

Simple :

1°) Russians are sneaky :wink:
Mike suceed to get NINE subs off my coast . And was smart enough to wait for my launch to use them.

2°) Overconfidence
Since i thought i had his fleet (including most of his subs), i launched WITHOUT bombers patrolling over my coast... :oops: :oops: :oops:

To sum up : NEVER LAUNCH WITHOUT BOMBER PATROLLING OVER YOUR COAST , NEVER LAUNCH WITHOUT BOMBER PATROLLING OVER YOUR COAST, NEVER LAUNCH WITHOUT BOMBER PATROLLING OVER YOUR COAST, NEVER LAUNCH WITHOUT BOMBER PATROLLING OVER YOUR COAST
Last edited by Razorjack on Sat Jan 19, 2008 6:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rus|Mike
level5
level5

Postby rus|Mike » Sat Jan 19, 2008 6:51 pm

Hehe had you been a bit less confident, I would have moved those subs far-far north-east and would have killed the rest cities from there not waiting for a silo-launch (mass bombers send to patroll are usually combined with a silo-launch and if no launch is being prepared, the waters are fairly open for a sub launch).

And that north-east area was uncontroled by your bombers even when the patrols were up in the air... so I could have also waited for your silo-launch... well, there was no future for you in this game :P
tllotpfkamvpe
level5
level5

Postby tllotpfkamvpe » Sun Jan 20, 2008 8:37 am

Last edited by tllotpfkamvpe on Thu Feb 23, 2023 10:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
prophile
level5
level5

Postby prophile » Mon Jan 21, 2008 6:10 pm

Tactic: The Prophile-1™ Suicide Attack

I sent everything I had from Africa (which I was playing) to Europe up above during Defcon 3, in the hopes that when things got shot down they'd do quite a bit of damage to enemy cities and defensive emplacements.

Result: Failed miserably.
tllotpfkamvpe
level5
level5

Postby tllotpfkamvpe » Mon Jan 21, 2008 10:15 pm

Last edited by tllotpfkamvpe on Thu Feb 23, 2023 10:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Razorjack
level2
level2

Postby Razorjack » Mon Jan 28, 2008 1:39 pm

Haha nice one mvpe, but anyway i now own the idiot tactic crown !

I played mike again last night, still an africa vs asia setup. The naval fight was a carnage, he had more navy left while i kept more subs. So i decided to use my subs to hit Hong kong and north east asia (i was africa), and kill the surivivor with silos. The subs attack turned out pretty well, so i went for a full silo launch.

BUT, while all my nukes were in flight, mike launched some fighters to kill the lonely navy i had left. So i desperatly put a cease fire on, so he couldn't trace incoming battleships fire, and try a sneaky naval manoeuvre ...

=> All my nukes went disarmed in air, cheers !

:oops: :? :lol:
Hyperion
level5
level5

Postby Hyperion » Mon Jan 28, 2008 3:07 pm

:shock:

Ceasefire is a very dangerous option indeed.

Return to “Strategic Air Command”