Silo nuke timings

In-depth tactical discussion on how to lose the least

Moderator: Defcon moderators

tllotpfkamvpe
level5
level5

Postby tllotpfkamvpe » Fri Oct 26, 2007 5:18 pm

Last edited by tllotpfkamvpe on Fri Jan 06, 2012 5:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tripper
level4
level4

Postby Tripper » Fri Oct 26, 2007 5:22 pm

Hm, I agree that the way the scoring works tends to favour early launchings - simply because the first nuke to hit a city is always worth more than all the other nukes that hit that city combined.

Thence or otherwise, I only play survivor or 1v1 :P
Ace Rimmer
level5
level5

Postby Ace Rimmer » Fri Oct 26, 2007 6:37 pm

Well, launching first doesn't mean winning. I've placed many games where people launched first, took a big leap in the score, and then came back to win. All you need is one territory and one or two other major cities.
Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast...
crystal_Palace
level2
level2

Postby crystal_Palace » Mon Nov 05, 2007 8:17 pm

hmmm. Most of my games (1v1) Never even REQUIRED me to even USE my silos.
But hey, thats just me I guess.
rus|Mike
level5
level5

Postby rus|Mike » Mon Nov 05, 2007 8:48 pm

crystal_Palace wrote:hmmm. Most of my games (1v1) Never even REQUIRED me to even USE my silos.

Let me guess... your silos are usually blown up before you can get a single nuke out? :P lol
While playing ocasional non-ladder games I also usually don't havet a single necesity to use the silos but hell... it's only true against unskilled players :? ladder games are usually well above hard :? :roll:
Ace Rimmer
level5
level5

Postby Ace Rimmer » Mon Nov 05, 2007 8:51 pm

rus|Mike wrote:
crystal_Palace wrote:hmmm. Most of my games (1v1) Never even REQUIRED me to even USE my silos.

While playing ocasional non-ladder games I also usually don't havet a single necesity to use the silos but hell... it's only true against unskilled players :?

Agreed.

rus|Mike wrote:...ladder games are usually well above hard :? :roll:

Why the :? and :roll: ? Ladder games are supposed to be hard. They're not much fun otherwise. :wink:
world idiot
level4
level4

Postby world idiot » Wed Nov 07, 2007 8:26 pm

Ace Rimmer wrote:
rus|Mike wrote:

While playing ocasional non-ladder games I also usually don't havet a single necesity to use the silos but hell... it's only true against unskilled players :?

Agreed.

wtf, does that mean I am a skilled player then because even ace has to eventually use his silo nukes on me?(when I am at my best ie not on codeine :P god i hate mild haemophillia)
Hyperion
level5
level5

Postby Hyperion » Wed Nov 07, 2007 8:30 pm

It means a player that can beat his opponent without having to use his silo nukes is skilled...

...a player that can beat other very good players without using his silo nukes is VERY skilled.

Most people use their silo nukes to make a point, make the score gap larger and particularly for the dedcon rankings now, i used to enjoy beating good players without the use of my silo nukes (you know who you are :wink: ) but if i want higher points in a game for ranking then pride is not an option :roll:
Ace Rimmer
level5
level5

Postby Ace Rimmer » Wed Nov 07, 2007 8:32 pm

world idiot wrote:
Ace Rimmer wrote:
rus|Mike wrote:

Agreed.

wtf, does that mean I am a skilled player then because even ace has to eventually use his silo nukes on me?(when I am at my best ie not on codeine :P god i hate mild haemophillia)

Well, not really. See, I play the whole game (start to finish) with the idea that I'm gonna use every nuke I've been given. That affects my game plan so that I do end up using my silos (offensively). If I was just messing around, then I'm sure that I could do without that 60. :wink:
Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast...

Return to “Strategic Air Command”