NTNN85AA 1-Port DS1 MVPE FP Card Refurb

In-depth tactical discussion on how to lose the least

Moderator: Defcon moderators

Hyperion
level5
level5

Postby Hyperion » Wed Oct 17, 2007 3:12 pm

Ace Rimmer wrote:BB's are just as effective at this as carriers in my opinion and have a couple of added bonuses. First, by 'just as effective' I mean that most people will put things close enough to the border to find with the bb's smaller radar.

The bonuses: If the other player is not done placing, he might put subs around the single bb giving you there location and reducing the effectiveness of his long term sub strategy/prolonging the time he needs to get them in place. The odds he'll place subs around a carrier are pretty slim. You don't lose two bombers, extra nukes, and waste fighters right at defcon 3. BB's are disposable, carriers aren't, so much.

Couldn't agree more :D however i do think the exception to be when Africa v EU, much easier to use 2 subs to scout all the UK and all of Iceland.
Tripper
level4
level4

Postby Tripper » Wed Oct 17, 2007 3:24 pm

Hyperion wrote:
Ace Rimmer wrote:BB's are just as effective at this as carriers in my opinion and have a couple of added bonuses. First, by 'just as effective' I mean that most people will put things close enough to the border to find with the bb's smaller radar.

The bonuses: If the other player is not done placing, he might put subs around the single bb giving you there location and reducing the effectiveness of his long term sub strategy/prolonging the time he needs to get them in place. The odds he'll place subs around a carrier are pretty slim. You don't lose two bombers, extra nukes, and waste fighters right at defcon 3. BB's are disposable, carriers aren't, so much.

Couldn't agree more :D however i do think the exception to be when Africa v EU, much easier to use 2 subs to scout all the UK and all of Iceland.

Huh? You do mean carriers, don't you?? Or is there something about sub visibility/radar before defcon 3 that I'm missing out on?
Ace Rimmer
level5
level5

Postby Ace Rimmer » Wed Oct 17, 2007 3:29 pm

I think he means if you're Europe, using you're (:P) own subs to scout your own territory. Right?
Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast...
Hyperion
level5
level5

Postby Hyperion » Wed Oct 17, 2007 4:51 pm

Lol, yeah i meant carriers, oops.

Return to “Strategic Air Command”